What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was working on book 2 of Time Lords 2034 again, where the main character is reminiscing about everything, & all the science it took to get to this point. then, Thomas Dolby came to mind...you just never know where inspiration will come from!...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got Aerosmith Pump when I was 14 or so. I don't know why, but I just got the urge to put it on while grilling the other day. Man, that's some good music. I have to admit, a lot of the double entendres and other stuff flew right over my head when I was a kid - stuff like “I hear you're so tight your lovin' squeaks."

So I got Aerosmith Pump when I was 14 or so. I don't know why, but I just got the urge to put it on while grilling the other day. Man, that's some good music. I have to admit, a lot of the double entendres and other stuff flew right over my head when I was a kid - stuff like “I hear you're so tight your lovin' squeaks."

LOL! I thought anything past Permanent Vacation was terrible. They did way too many ballads and sap songs in their later albums.

I don't know. I just liked the less polished sound they had back in the day. Toys in the Attic was pretty classic for me. Just a bit before my time, but had some good songs on it.

I loaded up Sweet on Spotify at bedtime the other night. My wife had no idea they did all those songs she's familiar with. I might have to look up their anthology and check out their entire collection. Currently working on learning the guitar for Ballroom Blitz.

I have to admit, I just looked up the track list on Pump and there were a couple of songs I liked I didn't realize were on that album. Some good stuff on there. Might have to replay it and see if I like it better these days.

Picked up a Thumb Drive of The Accidentals at a Music and Beer festival this weekend, for my daughter. Has a few of their albums on it. Checking it out.

One of the albums is of the drummer solo stuff. I liked his drumming on the stage, but this album is painful. Granted, I'm listening at half volume at work with my attention on other things, but it sounds kind of weak and whiny. Maybe some kind of emo crap?

Not my thing. High hopes for The Accidentals, though. They were awesome on stage, and I'm not usually one for folk/pop/roots stuff. They got a pop/rock sound with some interesting twists and some unusual instrumentation.

Also picked up That 1 Guy's new album to check out. Listened to it last night. Pretty decent, but very much "out there".

Randomly found this last night. I'm a sucker for happy but not crappy music. If you know any hip hop fans with kids, this does not suck one bit...
Prince Paul, Charlie Tuna from J5, Scratch from the Roots, and Wordsworth and Ladybug Mecca from Diggable Planets formed a super group to make an album for kids about 5 rapping dinosaurs. Some of De La Soul is in the album as well.
(Yeah me too is also good)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kicking back after a long, stressful day. A wit or 3 (or 4) and some Robin Trower. :p

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMxewDWPV3Y[/ame]

I'm listening to Scotch Jane's cover of Billy Jean...

(full disclosure, this is a shameless plug)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iql3QNg4Pwo[/ame]

Back