What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was listening to Pandora in "deep cuts" mode and this song served up. I thought, "there's way too much detail in this song, it sounds like an actual historic event." And it was! (Ozzy Osborne, dressed in Sharon's clothes because she had hidden his, was arrested for peeing on the Alamo) I'm a native Texan and a fan of Asleep at the Wheel, so not sure how I had never heard of either the incident or the song. Perhaps because it happened my last year in college and I didn't have much access to news or TV back then, and AFAIK the song never got any air time probably because it uses one of George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words. (it's a pretty mild usage, but the FCC has no sense of humor) Enjoy the music:

I was playing some Violent Femmes , but the wife teased me by saying all my music is manic.

I suggested to her the Vivaldi, and the Steely Dan I played this morning was quite sedate. (Small, then bigger lie.)

She disagreed. I gave ground. I countered with, "You don't know TRULY manic music!" "Show me", she said.

OK. Fats Waller on the stereo right now. That leaves plenty of room for higher levels of mania, but I bet Fats will either get her to dance with me, or admit defeat.

I was playing some Violent Femmes , but the wife teased me by saying all my music is manic.

I suggested to her the Vivaldi, and the Steely Dan I played this morning was quite sedate. (Small, then bigger lie.)

She disagreed. I gave ground. I countered with, "You don't know TRULY manic music!" "Show me", she said.

OK. Fats Waller on the stereo right now. That leaves plenty of room for higher levels of mania, but I bet Fats will either get her to dance with me, or admit defeat.
I see your strategy. Totally understand. Good luck.

Vivaldi IS manic E.g. Four Seasons spring

Just had gift exchange with my wife, because we didn't want to haul all our gifts around when we go visit family. She got me a low tuned harp like what was in the last video I shared that PassedPawn tried to suggest was me. Haven't tinkered with it much yet because I just got it and mini-me is trying to sleep and I don't want to interrupt that. Man that bottom octave produces some fun chords.

And here is a video of a much better harp player jamming out:

Back