What are you getting for Valentines Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OP
BuffaloSabresBrewer

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
should have clarified that a bit better bought the handcuffs today waiting on the flowers of course

brauhaus

Reaction score
I got my SWMBO a card and little does she know... an order of pink, white and red roses.

last year it was a pajamagram, this year it's flowers.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
We don't do anything for what my husband calls "Greeting Card Holidays". Actually, we don't do much for real holidays either! On my birthday, though, in the past he's taken me to really nice restaurants. I've had my birthday dinners in Ft. Lauderdale, Belize, Eleuthera, etc.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
SWMBO and I get each other a card and that's about the extent of it.

Evan!

Reaction score
Soulive said:
Nothing. SWMBO and I see the bogusness of this Hallmark holiday :D
Heh, we have a long standing tradition of staying home, avoiding the masses, steaming a couple lobsters and opening a bottle of Turley Zinfandel. It's the joint. No presents, no reservations made 30 days in advance...just a nice night alone.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
Evan! said:
just a nice night alone.
Don't you two have *every* night alone? :D

Having a night alone with the wife takes on a whole new meaning when you have kids.

We're getting our taxes done tomorrow evening and we'll probably have a nice Valentine/tax refund celebration dinner on Friday night since we're getting a mondo return again this year, but even then it's about 3 hours with no kids, MAX.

In my house, alone time is waiting for the kids to all go to sleep, then locking the door. :rockin:

Bedlam

Reaction score
We don't do the Valentine's thing anymore, since we began living together. It meant more when we were dating across a couple of states, but even then it wasn't real romantic-like. One memorable year, he got me a new rear shock for my motorcycle! It was just perfect!

Now, though, Valentine's Day pales in comparision to our first anniversary, which is coming up in March.

Soulive

Reaction score
Soulive said:
Nothing. SWMBO and I see the bogusness of this Hallmark holiday :D
Actually we are going to dinner but no gifts or anything. I'm going with SWMBO on her biz trip so she's not alone. We're eating at this place on her company's dime, can't wait...

http://www.farm255.com/

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
the_bird said:
Edmund Fitzgerald, if I play my cards right... ;)
Hell I'd be happy with a bud at this point! :D

What seems to work the best for me is making her co-workers jealous by sending flowers, then showing up with a special home made lunch at her work.... :D

zstewart123

Reaction score
OK so this is the LAST time I buy the wife anything for Valentines Day. I am working on the 14th, so I decided to give her her gift tonight. I bought her 0.5carat diamond earings, spent way too much and what kind of response did I get? "Oh thnaks" and finished doing what she was doing. Love you mean it.:confused:

Junebug

Reaction score
I'm making my sweetie a card, a little art work and russian food for dinner. Nothing says lovin' like stuffed cabbage rolls!

srm775

Reaction score
Normally I don't do much more than a card or a small bouquet for Valentine's Day, but this year I figure I'd go all out since I didn't do much for christmas.

I got the wife some lingerie (which really is a present for me) and a pearl/diamond neckless, which will hopefully lead to ... ;)

mr x

Reaction score
OPI fingernail polish, Aveda lip gloss, etc...girl gadgets. Plus something on the chocolate side. Makes her happy, which in turn makes me happy.:)