What Are You Eating Right Now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
Just to rub it in a little...

I'm at work eating my lunch that consists of homemade carne asada and chicken that was grilled over charcoal, with fresh salsa, lime. and tortillas. The guys in the lab brought the grill out and went to town. By the way, it's at least 85 degrees out today in southern california :p.

I just ate Red Robin. They just built one here.

Sucked.

Well you beat me with the carne asada (and with the pale ale). Its a sandwich and an apple over here.

There's already a ton of drinking threads here, Bill...:D

And if I was "drinking" right now I would probably get fired. :p

But I am drinking...Diet Coke ;)

It's 21:50hrs here. Lunch was a sandwich. I haven't bothered with Dinner. A few ciders drunk. Not in a 'food mood' today.....

Brewsmith said:
There's already a ton of drinking threads here, Bill...:D
Really, there's drinking going on around here too??? Where's the door??? HEY!!! LET ME IN!!!!

(OK, I'm on the road again...Alabama - 6th time this year...and bored until Thursday...then I'll be home again...);)

Lunch: Chicken Chili from the local deli. Mixed in some Fritos.

Drinking: Celestial Seasonings Perfectly Pear White Tea

Doing: wasting time.

Not eating anything right now, but I had some leftover smoked london broil for lunch.

Just had some German pasta that I cannot pronounce as well as some German salad that I also can't pronounce. Last night I had these potato ball things that were delicious and sweet, which is odd for a potato product. I could not pronounce that name, either.

chillHayze said:
Just had some German pasta that I cannot pronounce as well as some German salad that I also can't pronounce. Last night I had these potato ball things that were delicious and sweet, which is odd for a potato product. I could not pronounce that name, either.
Huh?

pasta - possibly spaetzle? (spate-zel)

salad - potato? (kar-toff-el)

potato ball - kloss (close):D

homebrewer_99 said:
Huh?

pasta - possibly spaetzle? (spate-zel)

salad - potato? (kar-toff-el)

potato ball - kloss (close):D

yeah kloss is right for sure. I guess it's not difficult to grast the individual word, but on a menue I must confess I'm a "pointer" out here. Or else it's "schnitzel unt bier, bitte." :)

chillHayze said:
yeah kloss is right for sure. I guess it's not difficult to grast the individual word, but on a menue I must confess I'm a "pointer" out here. Or else it's "schnitzel unt bier, bitte." :)
I wish I could help you...I could have been back in Germany a couple of weeks ago but ended up in Georgia instead.:mad:

just got finished with chicken tacos, mexican rice, refried beans, and cornbread over chili. With a nice Pacifico to wash it all down

*burp

Smoked Cherry Lambic Beer RIbs - loin back pork ribs that I slow smoked at 215*F for 5.5 hours after marinating in a Kriek Black Cherry Lambic marinade. Of course, I made a barbecue sauce from the cherry Lambic beer also. Really good stuff!

Kriek_Cherry_Lambic_Pork_Ribs.jpg

Those ribs look freakin' AWESOME!

Walker-san's SWMBO made an incredible sausage/ziti/cheese casserole for me and my SWMBO (which I haven't adequately thanked her for) which I enjoyed with some potato leek soup tonight. No pictures, though.

beer4breakfast said:
Smoked Cherry Lambic Beer RIbs - loin back pork ribs that I slow smoked at 215*F for 5.5 hours after marinating in a Kriek Black Cherry Lambic marinade. Of course, I made a barbecue sauce from the cherry Lambic beer also. Really good stuff!

That looks awesome! Is that a Big Green Egg you're smokin' on?

beer4breakfast said:
It's similar to a BGE. It's a Kamado. Mine is the #7 size. It's the best smoker I've ever had.

Ah, the real deal! I've always lusted after those, but heard that the wait could be quite long. Love the color!

nosnhojr said:
Ah, the real deal! I've always lusted after those, but heard that the wait could be quite long. Love the color!

Yes, it takes a long time to get one. It took 3.5 months from order to delivery. I've heard of it taking longer, and occasionally more quickly.

You have to want one badly to wait that long for it. But I have to say, it is a dream to smoke on. I have done several 24 to 28 hour smokes without ever having to add any charcoal to the initial load, and only having to add smoking wood at about the halfway point.

Here is a 14 pound turkey and a 14 pound brisket.

kamado#7_3.jpg

I don't mind. It was $1641 total. The Kamado #7 itself was $900, the normal price at the time, but they were running a special and so I got the stainless steel bands, SS main grill, mosaic cart, and thermometer in that price. Normally those are upgrade items and would cost additional.

Then I ordered the stainless steel lower bracket $39, upper bracket $45, upper grill $65, and lump saver $55 (a heavy stainless steel charcoal basket). I also ordered 20 boxes of Coconut Extruded Lump Charcoal at $7.99 per box, $160. Shipping from California to Texas was $373. That might sound like a high shipping cost, but the Kamado itself weighs over 600 pounds, and the 20 boxes of charcoal weigh about 17 pounds each.

It arrived in a very heavy open crate structure built on top of a heavy palette. Disassembling the crate in the driveway and getting the monster into the backyard took a bit of effort.

Back