What are you eating/drinking tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're having a potluck party here tonight. I made a big pot of beef/bean chili. Not sure what everyone else is bringing.

350-999910-847__1.jpg

Costco Vodka, Product of France variety. Actuality very good stuff, heat but no burn with some flavor. $20 for 1.75L and on par with Grey goose. For dinner we just cleared out the leftovers.

Some pork BBQ in a roll, chips, and Coke. Not "a coke", mind you, but actual Coca-Cola.

:D

As much as I love my BBQ, I am not a fan of reheating it. To me, it immediately tastes like leftovers - like leftover pork that's been in the fridge for well over a week. My family throws it in a frying pan and rips the heat until the BBQ is hot. Some people microwave it. Yuck city. :( So what I do is let it thaw, come to room temperature, then put it in a low oven until it's warm. Takes forever. I'd still rather do that than eat bad-tasting BBQ.

Well, they left me to my own resources. What, cook for one. OK, Chicken patty sandwiches flushed down with several Troegs scratch Chocolate Stout. Maybe a couple HB Chocolate Peanut butter Porters. Gotta go easy though, gotta work in the morning.

Some pork BBQ in a roll, chips, and Coke. Not "a coke", mind you, but actual Coca-Cola.

:D

As much as I love my BBQ, I am not a fan of reheating it. To me, it immediately tastes like leftovers - like leftover pork that's been in the fridge for well over a week. My family throws it in a frying pan and rips the heat until the BBQ is hot. Some people microwave it. Yuck city. :( So what I do is let it thaw, come to room temperature, then put it in a low oven until it's warm. Takes forever. I'd still rather do that than eat bad-tasting BBQ.

I had left over BBQ for lunch yesterday haha that's one of those things that really should be eaten right away. Pork doesn't do well being reheated.

Well, they left me to my own resources. What, cook for one. OK, Chicken patty sandwiches flushed down with several Troegs scratch Chocolate Stout. Maybe a couple HB Chocolate Peanut butter Porters. Gotta go easy though, gotta work in the morning.

XD this is what I made because it was just me tonight lol being just me means that I can make whatever I want and not worry about what everyone else likes.

350-999910-847__1.jpg

Costco Vodka, Product of France variety. Actuality very good stuff, heat but no burn with some flavor. $20 for 1.75L and on par with Grey goose. For dinner we just cleared out the leftovers.

Sounds good lol I'm not a huge vodka person, but on occasion I enjoy it.

I mentioned this elsewhere a ways back - I was having some Italian food (pasta in marinara covered in cheese of some design) and was also having a Chinook-heavy ale. I am not the biggest fan of all-Chinook, but these two really went well together.

I want to make tonight some cocktails based on coffee and liquor or whiskey like irish coffee, for example. It will be interesting experiment, because I want to taste iced coffee. Great chance to test my new ice maker machine polar manual bought specially for summer cocktails. Did someone try to make ca phe da also know as vietnamese iced coffee?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_iced_coffee

I would like to try it.

Last edited:
Back