What are you drinking your cider out of?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For ciders like blackthorn, woodchuck and the like I go with a pint.

For Carb'd apfelwein I go with a .25L wit glass, or a collins glass.

A mason jar. Cider just seems more authentic when drinking it out of a mason jar.

Oh, and a collins glass is NOT a stange. A stange is the specific glass used for serving authentic Kolsch. It is taller and thinner than a collins glass, and the traditional size is 200mL, or 6.75oz (though you will see larger stange glasses, that is an American influence). Collins glasses usually hold 8oz.

Here's a source for stange glasses:
http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=2&p=45168&cat=4,104,53210

I was so tempted to respond with a mason jar or the bottle but others beat me to it.
Usually I'm basic enough to just use a pint glass.

Oh, and a collins glass is NOT a stange. A stange is the specific glass used for serving authentic Kolsch. It is taller and thinner than a collins glass, and the traditional size is 200mL, or 6.75oz (though you will see larger stange glasses, that is an American influence). Collins glasses usually hold 8oz.

Thanks, I was always curious about that.

Wine glass most of the time.

We bottle our cider in wine bottles, so they don't quite messure out equally in pint glasses. Battles ensue.

I like my apfelwein (carbed) in a white wine glass with three ice cubes. I usually don't refridgerate them because of storage needs, but have found I prefer to keep it a room temp and simply add ice cubes to cool

there is just something about drinking cider out of a pewter mug.
It makes me want to go through tea off a ship in boston for some reason.:drunk:

Does anyone bottle in mason jars (kerr), seems like it would save a step.

Back