What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
belgian d.jpg

Piraat, 10.5% ABV import. Tastes good, tastes like a triple. You do, however, get shorted out of .8oz so there's that.

fancy glass
Hand-crafted, frosted, original design and the like--I can tell an expensive glass when I see one.
My mom used to use dough from Pillsbury rolls out of the cardboard tube (the round doughs) and cut out the center with a pop bottle top and deep fry them. Then they were dipped in Hershey's syrup on half. I'm guessing you have a more detailed recipe.

Interesting afternoon. After the NA, poured the BCBS Cherry Wood, took a pic then my hand me down phone crashed and burned later. So got this ancient phone rolling. Anyway, not intended but here is the other variant I got. Love the cherry wood! Get the coconut in this but somehow not my favorite. Someone said Piraat...

20211201_174438.jpg

Last edited:
Hand-crafted, frosted, original design and the like--I can tell an expensive glass when I see one.
My mom used to use dough from Pillsbury rolls out of the cardboard tube (the round doughs) and cut out the center with a pop bottle top and deep fry them. Then they were dipped in Hershey's syrup on half. I'm guessing you have a more detailed recipe.
These are baked, not fried. They’re a lot lighter than fried ones.

Interesting afternoon. After the NA, poured the BCBS Cherry Wood, took a pic then my hand me down phone crashed a burned later. So got this ancient phone rolling. Anyway, not intended but here is the other variant I got. Love the cherry wood! Get the coconut in this but somehow not my favorite. Someone said Piraat...

View attachment 750866
Take a gander at post #299, 121. It's weird because I don't remember ever having that beer and there you are with the glass. Color me mind balooown.

Take a gander at post #299, 121. It's weird because I don't remember ever having that beer and there you are with the glass. Color me mind balooown.

You were my insperation! Had Piraat many many moons ago.

Crazy! This Non-enzymatic brewing ended in a couple days. Just sampled. 2.5% abv. I get some esters since it was fermented warm. Excited to be honest!!

20211201_191316.jpg

You were you insperation!
Quite the coincidence. My wife's uncle brought that over on Thanksgiving. I wasn't familiar with it and then, POW, I see your glass. I only noticed it today. Mostly, I give away beer that comes into the house. Anyway, I Googled and I think "Piraat" means "Pirate."
Kind of funny. I really am going to ask him where he got that beer because it was top-notch.

Quite the coincidence. My wife's uncle brought that over on Thanksgiving. I wasn't familiar with it and then, POW, I see your glass. I only noticed it today. Mostly, I give away beer that comes into the house. Anyway, I Googled and I think "Piraat" means "Pirate."
Kind of funny. I really am going to ask him where he got that beer because it was top-notch.

I can get it local any big box alcohol store...Specs, Total Wine, Bev Mo. If you like that style, try Victory Golden Monkey.

Last edited:
My HB Weissbier on the right, Ayinger Hefe on the left. Mine tastes more like a Hefe and the Ayinger tastes more like a Weissbier. Go figure.

I used Munich Classic, which is considered a “proper” Hefe yeast, and fermented at the low end of the recommended range, as I prefer the spicier phenol flavors to the fruitier ester flavors. I taste a pretty good balance between the clove and banana in my beer, the Ayinger tastes more neutral, a bit of banana in the finish but not much clove. Whatever. They both taste pretty good, if different.
52954966-79F0-4C25-A18D-A72F013BB7D2.jpeg

Mostly non alcoholic beers right now. I had a non alcohol related incident last week and except for Thanksgiving day I'm exploring the world of non alcoholic beers. They have come a very long way in the past few years

Yessir they have! Cool thing is you can have then shipped to the house. So far Athletic and Two Roots are my favorite breweries. Speaking of...8mile completed, tire sledging completed, time for chicken before putting another Low ABV non-enzymatic mash on the burner. This will be a Cherry Belgian. Digging this late fall weather! +15F above average
Screenshot_2021-12-02-16-51-47.png

20211202_164428.jpg
20211202_164440.jpg

Back