What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrew Hefeweizen.
EA592353-376D-4D99-A5AA-3CF709D09DBA.jpeg

I know I got a Helles and Kveik Pils fermenting but I like darker beers the best. Got the Dunkel and Irish Stout conditioning right now and an ESB fermenting. A milk stout in next on my list. The joy of small batches I can brew a lot while I’m off for the summer.

3BC0A8ED-64E7-4561-9ECF-C8BE8B5573A3.jpeg
CF0DB7EF-0B54-4C6D-B1B0-2D7B8C501832.jpeg
Tonight I decided to finally crack open a beer at midnight when I had a moment to relax before bed. Why not a nice light crisp Pilsner from @fourfarthing, right?
The samples were from yesterday during my drive home from my two week stay at my in-laws house. The left beer was a Wheat IPA and the right beer was their Hefe at Lucky Hare Brewing Company in Hector, NY (Seneca Lake is in the background behind the railing).

Almost 10 years old.
Was completely shocked. Taste slightly reminiscent of Sam Adams Utopias. Minus a little of the sherry taste.
Now officially the oldest beer I have drank.

What do you do with your bberries? I'd like to get my hand on some East Coast blackberries (extremely different from west coast). I'd really like to get a bush established out here.

I usually make a beer with whatever is left after the family gets tired of eating them. Last year was a blackberry Berliner, the 2 previous years was a blackberry wheat.

If I have extra or don’t use them I’ll let you know and send them your way. Also if you want remind me in the winter and I can dig a few up and send them to you.

F2908E0C-0113-4892-B690-96A41E5614BC.jpeg

Back