What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crushing these

1401839062143.jpg

Norm and I just mowed the lawn. Now Norm is going to meet his maker.

Just noticed the special appearance in the pic by Sir Otis.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401839082.577556.jpg

This was my third batch of beer brewed ever. It is an Amber. Obviously it is old and over-carbed.
Decent.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401839596.817761.jpg

Can I ask more about the yeast experiment I've got going on in my basement? So, dregs from two Bells went into 100ml of 1.030 wort Saturday night, on the stir plate. Last night, 250ml of 1.020-1.030 wort was added and it spent another 24 hours on the stir plate (all of this at about 80-90 degrees). I'm cold crashing it now to decant tomorrow and see how much slurry I've got. If I'm not brewing for another week or so, would you keep it refrigerated arc this point and just do a normal 1.5L - 2.0L starter 48 hours before pitching?

Can I ask more about the yeast experiment I've got going on in my basement? So, dregs from two Bells went into 100ml of 1.030 wort Saturday night, on the stir plate. Last night, 250ml of 1.020-1.030 wort was added and it spent another 24 hours on the stir plate (all of this at about 80-90 degrees). I'm cold crashing it now to decant tomorrow and see how much slurry I've got. If I'm not brewing for another week or so, would you keep it refrigerated arc this point and just do a normal 1.5L - 2.0L starter 48 hours before pitching?

Yeah, if you think you need another step then refrigerate and make a starter. I'm about to do the same so pics of the yeast would be awesome.

My "wort" is a little dark because I started with Porter dregs. But when it settles a little, I'll take a picture. I'm thinking if I get to around 100ml of loose slurry, I'll still need a 1.0L-1.5L starter for a 5 gallon batch of 1.070-ish beer?

Home after my long-ass day and about to open a sparkling water. Definitely would crack open a brew but I'll be "breaking" my no weekday drinking tomorrow night at home brew club and won't do to weeknights in a row... /rant.

Finishing my bomber of IPA. If this sucker wasn't so expensive to do i would brew it again tomorrow. It's supposed to be a DIPA and if I used all the hops it calls for i would be at $100+.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Finished up mowing the lawn and had some water. I'm now onto this beauty. It has been far too long. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401843660.199156.jpg

Sent from the Bat Cave

Alesmith Yulesmith Summer Ale. Really good, local Double IPA. Nice resinous, piney hops.

Wife and I just finished a couple of bottle of KingBrianI's Common Room ESB. We both enjoyed it and I'll be making it again.

Water. The day can suck it.

Yes.

This. Screw no beer weekdays and screw this week.
View attachment 203475

Amen.

Having some triple berry skeeter and ran across this story. http://beerstreetjournal.com/labatt-bourbon-barrel-ale/

What?:confused:

Onto my 5th or so strawberry blonde. Got an angry SWMBO who doesn't want to drink tonight, yet keeps stealing my pint.
I got home from work, did dishes, cooked dinner, then ran out with my little man to help the cub scouts pick out an invasive garlic mustard plant from a local park.

ramble/ramble

Pic from earlier.

Attachments

• 1401845468661.jpg
    1401845468661.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 100
About to attempt to hang a new curtain as SWMBO took off the old one after the 4 yr old ripped out most of the screws by hanging on it. @$!#
Another strawberry blonde.

Last water before bed.

The longer I stay up, the more I want to just brew tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Back