What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1344728898.jpg

Reminds me of a InBev attempt of craft brew. Way too "clean" and the label...just makes me think big commercial brewery.

But, it's a decent beer. When I travel I drink whatever new I can. Love the Heavy Seas stuff here but I think I'll try Stillwater Artisanal Ales tomorrow. If any looking at this resides in the BWI area please leave a local suggestion.

Beerzrus said:
Reminds me of a InBev attempt of craft brew. Way too "clean" and the label...just makes me think big commercial brewery.

But, it's a decent beer. When I travel I drink whatever new I can. Love the Heavy Seas stuff here but I think I'll try Stillwater Artisanal Ales tomorrow. If any looking at this resides in the BWI area please leave a local suggestion.

image-6058141.jpg

Union Craft Brewery in Baltimore does a nice job; I'd recommend their Duckpin Pale Ale, but their Balt Alt is also good.

Evolution Craft Brewery out of Salisbury is also good. I'd go for their Lot no 6 DIPA or Rise Up Coffee Stout, but you can't go wrong with any of their beers.

Also, DuClaw. If you're at BWI, they have a small bar on the main concourse to the left of the ticketing counters.

Edit: have seen the Full Tilt/ just started showing up in the bottle shops. Never tried it/ don't know anything about it.

Currently drinking my dessert.

image-604688817.jpg

DCHokie's Brett old ale.

image-2116731893.jpg

Really delicious nose, pie cherries, raisins, brown sugar, acidic funk. Taste is more of the same but it comes up short because it is so thin. I think that's why Ryan's only note about it is 'thin'. Less carbonation would probably help, too. Good beer to open tonight as I'm planning my wild quad.

ForumRunner_20130804_175117.jpg

One of the beers my wife bought for me on my birthday. Its the smoothest 9% alc beer I've had. Its from Belgium. Delicious

The Dog, The Myth, The Legend, The Beer...
Conans "I'll be back for more" Porter.

Saw what I swear was a basset/dalmation mix yesterday. Could have been a slightly bigger hound instead, but still a funny dog.

DCHokie's Brett old ale.

Really delicious nose, pie cherries, raisins, brown sugar, acidic funk. Taste is more of the same but it comes up short because it is so thin. I think that's why Ryan's only note about it is 'thin'. Less carbonation would probably help, too. Good beer to open tonight as I'm planning my wild quad.

I've been wanting to do a wild dark. we should rap about that.

I've been wanting to do a wild dark. we should rap about that.

This beer is really growing on me as it opens up in the glass. The carbonation has dropped and it doesn't have the same acidic bite, so I can get more of the malt.

Here's what I'm working on now:
18.5lbs pils
2.25 lbs wheat
1..75 lbs spec b
.75 lbs rolled oats

mash 155, t-58 and ecy02 slurry

70% efficiency is 1.100 for 6 gallons

should be about 18 srm

1/4 lb of debittered black would make 26 srm.

My Apfelwein. It's not back sweetened, so it's very dry, with just a hint of apple flavor. It's definitely one I'll have to make again.

This beer is really growing on me as it opens up in the glass. The carbonation has dropped and it doesn't have the same acidic bite, so I can get more of the malt.

Here's what I'm working on now:
18.5lbs pils
2.25 lbs wheat
1..75 lbs spec b
.75 lbs rolled oats

mash 155, t-58 and ecy02 slurry

70% efficiency is 1.100 for 6 gallons

should be about 18 srm

1/4 lb of debittered black would make 26 srm.

Sounds good, I don't like my quads heavily carbed either, probably start it off in the 2- 2.4 volumes area? No candi sugar?

Sounds good, I don't like my quads heavily carbed either, probably start it off in the 2 volumes area? No candi sugar?

I'm waffling on the syrup. On the one one hand, quad = syrup. Pils, + 1 caramel malt + maybe a 2nd caramel malt or roast malt and then a ton of flavors from the syrup/yeast interaction.

On the other hand I think the bugs will munch the heck out of this thing and I don't want it to thin out too much. If the only difference between a 1.086 beer and an 1.110 beer is 2 lbs of sugar and they finish at the same gravity, will the 1.100 beer seem thinner than the 1.086 beer?

Drinking an over carbonated English brown ale. Over carbed bc I messed it up. Yes-I'm fairly new to brewing

I'm waffling on the syrup. On the one one hand, quad = syrup. Pils, + 1 caramel malt + maybe a 2nd caramel malt or roast malt and then a ton of flavors from the syrup/yeast interaction.

On the other hand I think the bugs will munch the heck out of this thing and I don't want it to thin out too much. If the only difference between a 1.086 beer and an 1.110 beer is 2 lbs of sugar and they finish at the same gravity, will the 1.100 beer seem thinner than the 1.086 beer?

I don't think so, I know my abt12 clone calls for a massive amount of sugars, putting it in the 1.100 ballpark and finishing low. I like the mouthfeel in that.

but you're right bugs mow through simple sugars, and I don't know how that would affect the mouthfeel maybe a secondary addition of a lb of dark syrup? That way things could get started and you would be just feeding them a bit more, enhancing your flavor profile some

If you did that you'd have to cut the pils back to keep the gravity the same, 1.1 is a good gravity for a quad.

JesperX said:
How'd you like the Deep Ellum? They make some good stuff. The Farmhouse Wit, Rye Pils, and IPA are good stuff as well. Haven't bothered with the blonde yet.

I love the Double Brown Stout. Very smooth. I've been meaning to try more from them.

Drinking an over carbonated English brown ale. Over carbed bc I messed it up. Yes-I'm fairly new to brewing

Stainless? I can't believe I ended up with 2 of those between you and Matt. I do a lot of ridiculous drinking and that was probaly still my top day for the year. :mug:

val214 said:
Homebrew chocolate stout. I need to figure a way of getting more head from this stout.

Maybe try taking it to dinner and then getting it drunk on daiquiris. ;)

Back