What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 96 Belgian Ale. Wife is having a pampered chef party so I need a good strong ale today. Had surgery while this was fermenting and it got up to 96 degrees. Almost 2 years later and this beer is tits. Strong funky nose . Very similar to Piratte.

stone ruination. forgot the wife bought a six pack of it yesterday and had that magical surprise when i got home from work!

302069_2293475968714_1003471845_2696755_329286077_n.jpg

Very good Mild English Pale

steaks + Sierra Nevada Brews = good evening...

tho I have to say that for a Latvian that porter tasted too watery.. Aldaris Porter is much better... then again, if you want to make a good IPA - add few drops of Sierran Nevada Torpedo to your favorite pale ale *grin*... was a good evenin'

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice cold glass of American Wheat, I would be drinking Mojave red, but I killed that keg yesterday.

Well, as for tonight, I am staying loyal to local brews - Tērvetes Senču Alus (Beer of the Ancestors made by Tervertes brewery) is probably one of the best Latvian lagers available on the market (not only my opinion).

It is superbly light and have a fantastic malt aroma - light malt with a hint of something roasted, but just a slight hint. Perfectly balanced with the bittering hops in the end, it is one of my all time favorite brews. Thanks to it being light (about 4.5%ABV) I can drink them through whole my working day.

If you ever happen to be in Latvia, I highly recommend Tervetes brand to taste the true taste of Latvian lagers.

tervetes_alus.jpg

I started with a Boulevard Double Wide IPA, then I had a couple Black Pearl Porters, and now I am enjoying a Big Muddy Monster from Murphysboro, IL.

Pumpkin UFO. I'm going to miss it when the season is over... or when I finish my next 6-pack as I don't think I'll find any more around here....

Bridgeport Hop CZar this one made my 180 mile $100 beer run pretty worthwhile.Im thinking columbus on this one.Chewy roasty hoppy how can one resist.

Green Flash West Coast IPA. I like the extreem hoppiness of it, but the massive amount of sediment in suspension is a little disappointing.

PBR... and Jefferson's bourbon, my new go-to (was Knob Creek Single Barrel, but 120 proof is a bit much on a weekday).

Back