What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having another Paleo Vulgaris while giving the sky some stink eye, "They said there would be nice, cool rain by seven. Where's my )$*(#&*()@ nice cool rain?!!!!"

IMG_4320.jpeg

Fear not, sir! They got a new Fritz Maytag! They were purchased by yet another dude that couldn't bare to see his favorite brewery die.

At this point they really should register as a 501c3.

No telling if it will make money. But it may continue classic steam beer for a while, if they don't monkey with the recipe.

No telling if it will make money. But it may continue classic steam beer for a while, if they don't monkey with the recipe.
That's what concerns me, the new owner is in the food business so is he going to be able to hold pat on the steam beer side of the plant and not monkey around with the dumb, antique coolships and inefficient techniques employed for Steam?

He can do whatever he wants on the other side of the plant, he might even do some good with that side of the business. I just hope he recognizes (and if his statements are true, that seems to be the case [but I'll ask you to forgive me for turning a jaundiced eye to anything a billionaire has to say]) just what a treasure the dumb, inefficient Steam plant is and he leaves it alone.

Time will tell.

It's going on nine and I'm still waiting on that nice, cool rain. Don't make this old man walk out on the lawn and yell at you, clouds. I ain't kidding, I'll do it!

Panther Piss Classic
View attachment 851604

You can have some of our cold rain. It's been rainy and 60s the past week, until today. Take all our newly-hatched mosquitoes, too. :)

I'm just glad we're not getting the triple digit temps some of you out east have been experiencing.

Out back in the gazebo with an after-dinner HM hard cider.

20240623_201413.jpg

You can have some of our cold rain. It's been rainy and 60s the past week, until today. Take all our newly-hatched mosquitoes, too. :)

I'm just glad we're not getting the triple digit temps some of you out east have been experiencing.

Out back in the gazebo with an after-dinner HM hard cider.

View attachment 851610
Quite a bit of rain I hear. Our son is in Rochester, and he got a small amount of water in his basement yesterday. First time ever for him.

Here it spiked at 78 degrees earlier today. Warm for us. A very pleasant 69 degrees right now, as I’m on my back patio enjoying a couple beers.

TastyKake Koffe Kake Ale by Victory Brewing. Weird, with definite notes of cinnamon and vanilla, but not actually enjoyable.
Down the hatch and move on...
View attachment 851611
Good ol' Victory. If ever there was a mid-major brewery that wasn't afraid of falling flat on their faces...

Love those guys...when I'm not wondering why on earth did they bottle this stuff? ;)

First, short, pour of the American Wheat Ale I kegged yesterday. I should have used a better glass; it’s really quite clear. It should be. It lagered for almost a month. Brewed with my favorite hop combo, Centennial, Cascade, and Citra. This is a great summer beer. Hell, it’s great anytime.😎 🍺
691B84D5-13C7-40B3-9DBD-1F2563A09912.jpeg

Back