What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5104.jpeg
IMG_5106.jpeg
IMG_5107.jpeg
IMG_5108.jpeg
Nectaron Daydream from Other Half! Damn this was amazing and Nectaron is really growing on me and becoming a hop I seek out!
Then I prepped some pork belly to be cured with a dry rub. I had good results with it last time and now onto a new recipe to try.
Now onto Sloop’s Exacta Bomb while watching Iron Man 2. I’m not digging this all Citra beer like I thought I would. 😔 Citra is one of my favorite hops.

First pour of the CCC Blonde I kegged a couple of days ago. Almost carbed, tastes really good. We’re going back to the farm tomorrow; I’ll crank the pressure up overnight before I shut the gas off in the keezer when we leave. When we come back in a couple of weeks it should be well finished.
C752CD22-884F-4425-AFBA-87D852D0AB08.jpeg

Last day of heat wave, let's be a good worker bee and head into the AC office. Ran a 6 vs 1 on a mathematical signal processing model that lasted all day. Went pretty well but my brain is burnt.

Always odd experiencing the "real world". Guy tells me these lines are normal. Not when I'm working from home

OT: (L) Almighty Mango Pineapple & (R) Batch 7000 DIPA. Enjoying the humidity
PXL_20240620_221026876.jpg
PXL_20240620_221354400.jpg
PXL_20240620_222430177.jpg

Back at the farm where there is no homebrew. Well, not any ready to drink. I’ve got an American Wheat Ale that’s been in the ferm fridge at 40° for almost three weeks. I’ll get it kegged tomorrow. In the meantime, Kettlehouse White Stout. This is an unusual, but very tasty, brew.
B2B1E604-CCEA-45FA-91CD-B48892EE9A22.jpeg

It's been a productive week in the brewery because work has been an unproductive cluster, so I nabbed the chance to brew twice this week. That means it's as humid as a sauna in my apartment, so no pictures of clear beer today!

Kegged this batch of Panther Piss Paleo Vulgaris on Monday, I made it with Jasper Yeast's* Franconian Lager Yeast, a heritage strain of German lager yeast that died out in the 1960s. Nothing to report, it tastes like lager yeast.
IMG_4311.jpeg

Here's a glass of Panther Piss Classic IV LODO (softer water) v.4.6, or whatever Beersmith calls it.
IMG_4312.jpeg

And a glass of that over-hopped Helles that I like because it isn't a proper Helles.
IMG_4314.jpeg

*Bug your LHBS about carrying Jasper yeast, they're a startup out of N. Virginia that packages absolutely massive pitches at the same price as W. Yeast, Omega, and Imperial. I direct pitched this lager. That's how big they are, they are massive. Granted, it was a sluggish fermentation, but no worse than two packets of dry yeast. That is amazing!

*Bug your LHBS about carrying Jasper yeast, they're a startup out of N. Virginia that packages absolutely massive pitches at the same price as W. Yeast, Omega, and Imperial. I direct pitched this lager. That's how big they are, they are massive. Granted, it was a sluggish fermentation, but no worse than two packets of dry yeast. That is amazing!
Yeah, I've thought about that. I mean how much more work is it to put 400bil yeast cells in a package then 100bil? Those are some procreating little frackers you know?

Back