What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekend begins now... but only for one of us! 😏

PXL_20240616_004801435.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20240616_004427286.MP~3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I recognize that glass 😀 Recently returned from Belgium and enjoying the 12 tonight in the backyard.
Yep! I had mine shipped with 3 W-12s. I had brewed a clone in preparation for the shipment. Sorry, mine won out. 😉 A few of us here have one. @TheDudeLebowski??

Belgian Dubbel, bottled version. Last one. 😭

PXL_20240616_032233184.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Today is Father’s Day. How do you know that after raising your kids, feeding and clothing them and sending them off to school, that you’ve done something right in life?

It’s when they send you beers on your big Day! Yay!

Everyone in the Beermeister32 clan has been commiserating with me regarding this diet I’ve been on. And while my cheating has been few and far between, mostly I’ve been sampling the low ABV and N/A diet beers. Today’s Father’s Day box arrived on my doorstep like any other box of stuff you ordered. But Hey, Hey, - I didn’t order anything….. There’s BEER in here!

Well, diet beer anyway, thank you Girls! Today I’ll be sampling some of the great Non-Alcohol brews from Fieldwork Brewing. As a family, we all had the great opportunity to drink in all that is good at Fieldwork Brewery, located in San Leandro, California. Luckily, I am a man who’s family and kids all enjoy a hefty pint of liquid sunshine (not orange juice, we’re talking beer, what’s sunnier than THAT!!!!) They sent me the follow-up Father’s Day box of N/A Beer!

As I get into these throughout the day, I promise to report back my findings. As I told my Girls, I’ll give them a fair review - notice I didn’t say a fair shake!

IMG_7779.jpeg

First up to bat is this appropriately named can of Hop Water.

So what is hop water? Well, use your imagination. It is hoppy and watery. Not much here.

Reminds me of those crazy marketing guys sitting in some room pontificating – Hey they want a light drink?.. let’s give ‘em a light drink – how about NO MALT? Ha ha ha…..

So, hop water is an exercise in hop recognition I think. I cut it 50/50 with a can of Coors Light, makes a drinkable, slightly hoppy fizzy water hybrid sorta beer. Thirst quenching…. Not bad!

IMG_7778.jpeg

It’s easy to follow up “Hop Water” with just about anything. In this case, it definitely is being upstaged by their companion brew “Day Money.” Advertised as a Grapefruit Blonde, Fieldwork brews this using Ruby Red Grapefruit Peel. I wonder if there is a juice company down the street? Tasty!

I’m picking up almost a Rye taste to this – Sort of a Grapefruit / Lemony / Rye taste. This is definitely a different beer, I’m liking it! Of course I’m beer-deprived these days, I’m easy to please!

IMG_7793.jpeg

Bottled a Sticke Altbier today--45 12oz bottles. Better mash efficiency + more boiloff than I'd anticipated yielded a beer that's 7.4% ABV, instead of 6. :inbottle:

Imperial Sticke Alt.

Gear cleaned and put away, venturing out into the hot, humid afternoon. Want to enjoy the sun, as the rain is coming back tonight and likely to stay several more days.

HB ESB.

20240616_162926.jpg

With a name like Headliner, Fieldwork Brewing isn’t likely to disappoint – and featuring two of my favorite hops – Mosaic and Simcoe, they have the hop galaxy covered from the stars right down to the Earthy piney notes of Simcoe. Fresh tasting and light, this is a great N/A brew!

I know haters and gonna’ hate, and I do know that brewing, buying and drinking light and Non-Alcohol beers seems contrary to what we are looking for as beer drinkers. Many of you won’t like ‘em. I know that.

Along any continuum or spectrum, there exists the real heavies - in our case heavy, high ABV or highly hopped beers – the other end of the scale they fade off into oblivion and we’re left drinking fizzy water. Well, there are times for light suds like this – maybe not in the here and now for many of you, but during the time of calorie and booze watching, these fit the bill. Doctor’s Orders! Cheers!

IMG_7795.jpeg

With a name like Headliner, Fieldwork Brewing isn’t likely to disappoint – and featuring two of my favorite hops – Mosaic and Simcoe, they have the hop galaxy covered from the stars right down to the Earthy piney notes of Simcoe. Fresh tasting and light, this is a great N/A brew!

I know haters and gonna’ hate, and I do know that brewing, buying and drinking light and Non-Alcohol beers seems contrary to what we are looking for as beer drinkers. Many of you won’t like ‘em. I know that.

Along any continuum or spectrum, there exists the real heavies - in our case heavy, high ABV or highly hopped beers – the other end of the scale they fade off into oblivion and we’re left drinking fizzy water. Well, there are times for light suds like this – maybe not in the here and now for many of you, but during the time of calorie and booze watching, these fit the bill. Doctor’s Orders! Cheers!

View attachment 850979

Mmmmmmmm Fieldwork

View attachment 850979
No one should ever have to justify their choices - ignore the haters! Cheers!

Back