What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of these Treehouse Amarillo dry hopped pils while sparking up the grill for burgers

PXL_20240614_223219151.jpg

Last edited:
Diet still in force. Tonight’s little snack includes celery, tomatoes, salsa and two O’Doul's Golden N/A Lagers … 68 calories apiece! Yummy!

I guess taste and flavor perception is all relative. If you are beer-deprived, these N/As start to taste pretty good. Truth is, I’ve been sneaking a Weihenstephaner Helles every few days as a nightcap. Euphoria!

Makes me think of the dark days of Prohibition. Can you imagine all the Lager-deprived souls out there trying to survive on 1920’s near-beer and your Uncle’s home-brew and hooch? 35 years later in the 1960’s, my Dad brewed in our basement, I remember sneaking a whiff – you could smell beer through the towel draped over his 15 gallon fermenting crock. A few years ago, I asked him how it tasted. “Dad, how did it taste?” “Yeasty!” he replied!

I think this O’Doul's is much better than Dad’s best efforts… Hey, at least it was cheap…. Cheers!

IMG_7757.jpeg

Last edited:
Diet still in force. Tonight’s little snack includes celery, tomatoes, salsa and two O’Doul's Golden N/A Lagers … 68 calories apiece! Yummy!

I guess taste and flavor perception is all relative. If you are beer-deprived, these N/As start to taste pretty good. Truth is, I’ve been sneaking a Weihenstephaner Helles every few days as a nightcap. Euphoria!

Makes me think of the dark days of Prohibition. Can you imagine all the Lager-deprived souls out there trying to survive on 1920’s near-beer and your Uncle’s home-brew and hooch? 35 years later in the 1960’s, my Dad brewed in our basement, I remember sneaking a whiff – you could smell beer through the towel draped over his 15 gallon fermenting crock. A few years ago, I asked him how it tasted. “Dad, how did it taste?” “Yeasty!” he replied!

I think this O’Doul's is much better than Dad’s best efforts… Hey, at least it was cheap…. Cheers!

View attachment 850814
I’ve tried most of the NA beers on the market, foreign and domestic, and sadly there’s something lacking in all of them that’s not simply ethanol. For me, the one that’s the closest to being “satisfying” is the Lagunitas’ NA IPA. I can ‘almost’ drink one of those and feel like it’s a beer.

I’ve tried most of the NA beers on the market, foreign and domestic, and sadly there’s something lacking in all of them that’s not simply ethanol. For me, the one that’s the closest to being “satisfying” is the Lagunitas’ NA IPA. I can ‘almost’ drink one of those and feel like it’s a beer.
Yeah I know. Just got to get these lbs off.

Out back in the gazebo, having some HB ESB. Cold and rainy, 63 degrees now but that will end soon. Tomorrow will be hot and humid. This time of year the switch flips from "spring" to "blasted hot summer." WX guy saying 92 with a heat index of 101 tomorrow.

I hope all you east coast HBTers stay cool with your heat dome coming.

I'll be indoors tomorrow, bottling my Sticke Altbier. We have friends from Germany coming to visit next month and I need to keep the pipeline full. :)

20240615_164214.jpg

Latest posts

Back