What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

AlexKay

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
HB Piwo Grodziskie:
8F136D6B-3A87-422E-B908-4E9418974A20.jpeg

ThirstyPawsHB

Canines good. Humans bad.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Having a new one from local Establishment Brewing, called 'Hello Euphoria'. Super-clean finish, quite bitter with maybe a 'butter popcorn' flavour in the finish..? Very interesting, or maybe my taste buds are still goofy from stupid Covid. Sometimes I still can't smell a thing! 🤪

Oh well, it's a tasty beer break as I decide how many grams of spruce tips to add to my upcoming hi-test Porter...hmmm.🤔 Cheers!:bigmug:

View attachment 807007
Sounds like diacetyl to me, but hay I'm in the middle COVID myself. Just seems like a bad head cold. Heal up!

SanJuanWorm

Beer. Because you can’t drink bacon.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like diacetyl to me, but hay I'm in the middle COVID myself. Just seems like a bad head cold. Heal up!
Haha, I was pretty sick for a couple days, but there's a few effects that still linger. Having bad lungs makes me watch it closer.T he freaky part is that I got it at the end of April this year ('22) and still have some days where I cannot taste/smell anything. Sigh.

Hops mostly just taste like a mild 'pot' terpene kind of deal. Not a bad thing, just not what a Citra or 'Creamsicle beer' or a porter should taste like.

Keep your fluids up, and get back into exercise slowly. Sometimes the 'Vid can take more out of you than you might think. 👊

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
Hydrometer sample from last week’s home-grown hop pale ale. OG was 1.051, FG is 1.012 for a 5.1% ABV. I kept the bittering low so the home finishing hops would come through, a blend of cascade and Columbus. It’s very balanced, with a little tangerine and lemon. This probably going to be crushable when it’s carbonated.
C610972B-22F4-4924-9F56-DAA07CBBF64E.jpeg

SanJuanWorm

Beer. Because you can’t drink bacon.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hydrometer sample from last week’s home-grown hop pale ale. OG was 1.051, FG is 1.012 for a 5.1% ABV. I kept the bittering low so the home finishing hops would come through, a blend of cascade and Columbus. It’s very balanced, with a little tangerine and lemon. This probably going to be crushable when it’s carbonated.
mmm,,,MMMmmm,:rolleyes:

What are you drinking now?

Reaction score
Cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning... 2018 version, mighty fine. This after while making breakfast, I had to break up a seasoning shaker and had my finger on one side of the lid, but didn't realize it had a second half larger opening and it popped open and seasoning went all over my kitchen... and my dog.. so here I am.
20221204_085007.jpg

TwogunRocky

Whaddya hear, whaddya say.
Reaction score
First try of my 2nd all grain brew, a hefeweizen primed with Raspberry lowicz..... quite simply the prettiest thing I've ever brewed.
20221204_171738.jpg

Beautiful snow white head with microbubbles that I see on all the accomplished brewers pictures, wonderful full mouth feel with just a hint of Raspberry..... surpasses most of what you'd pay for in a pub in blighty.
Absolutely delighted😊🤟

pshankstar

BIAB Homebrewer & Coffee Roaster
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
9E8118C5-CBF6-46F6-9DFE-5CE741D32FB2.jpeg
From @TheDudeLebowski!
Tree House’s Curiosity One Hundred Twenty Seven Curiosity features an exotic blend of hops including Eclipse, Zamba, Rakau, and Nelson. It carries a novel flavor experience with notes of juicy tropical fruit, orange candy, peach flesh, and white grape offset by a mild bitterness. The label, illustrated by our longtime friend and collaborator Dean McKeever, depicts a seasonally appropriate scene to add to your enjoyment of this unique offering. Enjoy!