What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

bwible

I drink, and I know things
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Taking a little break from all the Octoberfests

10D2BEB4-9CCE-4763-860C-08D9C05E2485.jpeg

Bramling Cross

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
At last!!!

The weather has cooled down and, after three years, the Panther Piss project is finally wrapping up, so my traditionally UK-focused brewery is finally getting back to brewing some proper UK ales. I kegged this on Monday. It's Otter with 10% invert #3, Pub, and a stout whack of EKGs.

It's a clean slate recipe for me, aimed at replicating the "modular" recipe design that I employed during the Panther Piss project. After the relieved first sip, "Phew! It's good!," my second sip elicited a " No $(%*, I made Bass!?"

Certainly not a clone, much less a dead ringer, but it's pretty Bass-like. I think this is a good core recipe. I can see how to get to a northern brown, a brown porter, some nice bitters and--most importantly--an excellent mild from this base recipe.

I'm going to have a fun fall, winter, and spring iterating off of this recipe.
AEB97E5C-124F-4E55-ACAF-01F2CE1B354B.jpeg

Reaction score
Tonight is my first non-double-shift between schools and churches since Thursday. Not ever having had a Brew Dog beer before I wanted to say something cute, like, I wouldn't kick it out of bed, but the crystal malt eclipses the hops so much, I feel betrayed at having brought this home in the first place. For all the hype, this is just, meh.
image2.jpeg

On the other hand, I started reading Gluten-Free Brewing by Keifer and realized I had picked this up in the same experimental, beer-hunter adventure at Total Wine the other day as the Brew Dog. This is a fantastic Pilsner made only with Millet. You can tell from the empty glass I hated it. Totally. Not worth your time. If you accidentally buy some, just ship it to me. You're not going to like it. Really.
image0.jpeg

ThirstyPawsHB

Canines good. Humans bad.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Nice beer, but as a filthy refractor peasant, it's the scope that has me drooling.
As long as the hobby is represented! I have it out so little it's an adventure every time! Jupiter was magnificent! Huge! But couldn't get a great picture.

OT... coffee before OT

z-bob

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A rather poor attempt at a Hurricane cocktail, in honor of our folks in Florida. It's certainly strong enough and it tastes okay, but could use some grenadine or Hawaiian Punch or something to make it a little redder and less boozy. (ice, 1.5 oz Trader Vic 151 rum, 1.5 oz passionfruit syrup, 1 oz lime juice, 1 oz Black Seal 151 dark rum, 1 oz apricot brandy, 1 oz Aperol)

bwible

I drink, and I know things
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A rather poor attempt at a Hurricane cocktail, in honor of our folks in Florida. It's certainly strong enough and it tastes okay, but could use some grenadine or Hawaiian Punch or something to make it a little redder and less boozy. (ice, 1.5 oz Trader Vic 151 rum, 1.5 oz passionfruit syrup, 1 oz lime juice, 1 oz Black Seal 151 dark rum, 1 oz apricot brandy, 1 oz Aperol)
You’re close on ingredients, doesn’t sound too bad.

A Dark and Stormy would also be keeping with the theme