What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

davidabcd

Detroit, Mi.
Reaction score
HB Triple. Five days in the bottle but eight months in the fermenter (seven months and one week more than I wanted). I made a starter with too much dry yeast and 1/4 C sugar plus the usual priming solution with 1/2 C sugar.
It's already pretty good. Not sure if bottle conditioning beyond full carbonation is even necessary.
Belgium Trippell .jpg

PianoMan

My Faak it-list is longer then my Bucket list
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
HB Triple. Five days in the bottle but eight months in the fermenter (seven months and one week more than I wanted). I made a starter with too much dry yeast and 1/4 C sugar plus the usual priming solution with 1/2 C sugar.
It's already pretty good. Not sure if bottle conditioning beyond full carbonation is even necessary.
View attachment 737277
8 months in a fermenter? Wow! Never heard of that. Goes against all common knowledge of getting the beer off the trub.

DBhomebrew

Reaction score
I used to work on Vietnamese shrimp boats about 10 years ago, and this is the dish I have been raving about since. Couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Definitely going to try my hand at this some time.
I had to look this up. You know it's a good dish when the recipe suggests cutting the base meat with something leaner, like shoulder!

Noob_Brewer

Reaction score
Had both of these courtesy of @Dgallo sending them my way. Artisanal snow cone sour series: Pina colada and cherry. Disclaimer: I don't like coconut lol. Can tell the Pina colada was well made but my wife drank that one and I took the cherry. The cherry is really good. The sour balances the fruit very well so not too sweet. The cherry one does taste like a cherry popsicle.
IMG_0479.jpg
tempImagepGjGLw.png

grampamark

Icons clast. Inquire within.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

camonick

Mediocre brewer... Expert drinker
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m glad you liked it. But, if it requires 8x10 color glossies, with circles ’n’ arrows an’ a paragraph on the back explainin’ each one…I’ll pass. :cool:

Bonus points to all who get the reference…
Alice’s Diner?
OT
@Section1 nut brown
94735877-D4A0-443D-B70C-2D830F03CBF8.jpeg