What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thirsty

IMG_0840.jpg

Another HB, going down tasty

Just saw this, don't know if it was intentional or subliminal, but [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Perhaps I am too flocced-up to understand what's going on. Simplify it for me, please. If and when I wake up, I will read and try to comprehend. I'm having a water. And feeling dizzy. Nightcap.

1st attempt at a Pliny the Elder clone. Can't get it here so don't have anything to compare it to. Love the flavor though. 2nd dry hop went in the keg, so it gets better every day.

149308263735339977107.jpg

Last pour! It is delicious and poundable. Really need to relocate to west coast!! Maybe after kids graduate high school. Who am I kidding wife will never go along with it.

IMG_0843.jpg

Aecht Schlenkerla Eiche.

Love that Rauchbier smoke - although the Oak smoke flavor is different from the beechwood, and quite good - but it's got a bitterness to the finish that I'd have to be in the mood for.

Makes me want to have a big plate of Bratwurst and potatoes with this beer :D

aecht-schlenkerla-eiche.jpg

HB bitter. Come home to a leaking basement toilet. Doesn't look like I can fix it. Looks to be the water pipe to the toilet. Looks expensive. ****!

Started out odd, better as it warms. Cherry more pronounced then the maple. Bourbon comes through.

It is not a great bottled beer for some reason. I first tried it in the bottle and was unimpressed. Found it on draft and had multiples! The maple/bourbon really came through and it was much more balanced

It is not a great bottled beer for some reason. I first tried it in the bottle and was unimpressed. Found it on draft and had multiples! The maple/bourbon really came through and it was much more balanced

Funny you say that..this tapped Waldo I'm actually not as fond as the bottles. PhP PA a bit old also..21st century issues, ha!

Back