What are you brewing now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

runs4beer

Reaction score
Just finished brew a Belgian Pale Ale with yeast harvest from a bottle of ommegangs Abby ale.
HOW ABOUT YOU?

djfriesen

Reaction score
Waiting for my Atonement Brown Porter (Courtesy of Airborneguy) to finish up so I can put a BlackHook clone on the yeastcake.

RitsiGators

Reaction score
Taking my first shot at a CDA and a Sage IPA (Courtesy of Mammoth Brewing Co) this weekend. Also just bottled my Genesis IPA and a Double Nut Brown....

Matty22

Reaction score
Did a double brew today.

First batch was a Pumpkin Spice Porter and the second was an attempt at an Anchor Steam Liberty Ale clone.

mcritchlow

Reaction score
kegging up an attempt at a Tumbler clone tomorrow and brewing my first Milk Stout on Sunday.

bribo179

Reaction score
Right now in the fermenters I have a Pumpkin Stout, British Bitters, and 2 APAs

wolverinebrewer

Reaction score
Dry hopping a black IPA, 2 weeks into fermenting a RIS, 1 week from bottling an English cider, just racked 1 gal of Yoopers Welches grape wine and banana wine.

smokey

Reaction score
A Bell's yeast starter.......for eschatz Bell's two hearted ale clone that I will be brewing tomorrow. :rockin:

funkstrman

Reaction score
I am currently brewing a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout Clone. Pretty stoked about it too, it's been bubbling away for the past day or so! We all know the good feeling haha. Still waiting to try my Everyday IPA, as it will be my first homebrew ever. A few more weeks and it'll be in my belly, nice! I plan on taking a photo of the first beer I pour from each of my homebrews. Can't wait for that first one...

smokey

Reaction score
Two Hearted Ale and Oberon...two of my favorites.
Had a great brew day yesterday with my 4yr old assitant brewer. Hit all the numbers spot on. It's happily bubbling away and it smells wonderfull, mmmm..nice centennial hop aroma :ban:
Bonus.... the blow off is going into a flask with boiled and cooled water so I can harvest some nice clean yeast for the next batch :D

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
We've got 2 6G batches in the fermenters. My 1st shot at a Burton ale,& her batch of SA Summer ale clone I came up with. The Burton ale's blow off gave off the aromas of toasty butterscotch. The aromas from the Summer ale seem pretty close so far. I know in some English ales a butterscotch flavor/aroma is meritorious,so we'll see how it comes out. 1st FG test @ 2 weeks is tomorrow.

Rockape66

Reaction score
Norhtern English Brown ready to bottle. Christmas Metheglin ready for second racking. Would like to do a Porter or Heffe next, but will probably put my brew budget into converting a free cooler into a mash tun.:(

badmajon

Reaction score
I got two all Cascade IPAs going, split a pound of hops between 2-5.5 gal batches. Threw some slurry from the first into the second (brewed a week apart). Worked great!

falconnuke

Reaction score
I call it "Pancake Stout"
It's an imperial stout (9.5%), partial mash with maple syrup and vanilla beans.

dawn_kiebawls

Lawncare and Landscaping enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanders red is bubbling away in the chamber, cider is going to be racked into secondary tomorrow and my starter is doin' its thing waiting to get to work on a funky honey rye saison

Smudgey

Reaction score
I call it "Pancake Stout"
It's an imperial stout (9.5%), partial mash with maple syrup and vanilla beans.
I brewed a pancake stout this year! Workmates named it. Didn't carb up at all...

jobuzo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got an IPA with Grapefruit peel, went a bit big on the grapefruit, was a bit sour going into the fermenter. Just dry hopped today and we will see in a week or so.

Brewdoddy

Doddybrewer
Reaction score
IPA brewed by son Alistair on our 100 litre home brew rig. Nice balance with just the right amount of bitterness and after hop. Someone taught him well... Cleaning equipment today for last brew before Christmas tomorrow.

Saunassa

Rice River Brewing #lifeistooshortforcrappybeer
Reaction score
Brewed up a cranberry orange wit style beer. First time adding flavor additions in. The sample tasted ok, I do have some cranberry extract to give it a little more flavor if needed.

Brewbuzzard

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I worked up a recipe for a Sassafras Ginger Saison. I have bare root sassafras which I ordered online. Does anyone have any experience using it. Any help will be much appreciated.

deuc224

Reaction score
Doing my first attempt at an imperial stout. This isnt easy at all, using every specialty grain i have and the grist is topping out at 20lbs even. Really dont know what to expect but as soon as its finished itll go in a room to relax for 6 months.

Reddog4613

Reaction score
Sixth attempt: Fermenting Hazy IPA. Will be increasing the dry hopping with Galaxy, Vic Secret, debating about adding Sabro.
Drinking my fifth attempt: Hazy IPA dry hopped with Citra, Mosiac, El Dorado, Amarillo.
Also just started fermenting a Malbec wine.

shoreman

Reaction score
saison-style aged on french oak fermented with french saison yeast.

working on refining that beer recently, just keg-conditioned last night.

day_trippr

"This Space For Rent"
Reaction score
11th batch of my ersatz Julius clone recirculating. Slept late, now playing catch up...

20210123_104728.jpg

Nailed the pH....

20210123_111612.jpg

Fly sparge started. So far so good :)

20210123_122137.jpg

May be my best fly sparge in recent memory, looking for 14 gallon pre boil gravity of 1.057, got 1.061 :ban:
Last runnings 5.55 pH and 1.011 SG. Not much left behind...

20210123_140234(0).jpg

Boil ON! :)

Whirlpooling 6 ounces of citra, simcoe and mosaic. Yum!

20210123_152806.jpg

Carried the bonus gravity points through to the fermentors - recipe OG was 1.074, actual was 1.077.
Running off at 1 gpm through my Hopstopper-2 which performed wonderfully today.

julius_11_23jan2021_06.jpg

Could not be more pleased with how well this Hopblocker-2 worked today. That's 10 ounces of pellet mush left behind. And no bottom scorching.

julius_11_23jan2021_07.jpg

All gassed, hooked up to the keg purging system for this fridge, and ready to rock :)

julius_11_23jan2021_08.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

Electric Brewer

Reaction score
Just finished brew a Belgian Pale Ale with yeast harvest from a bottle of ommegangs Abby ale.
HOW ABOUT YOU?
Slow down a bit. You harvested yeast from a commercial beer and brewed with it? Can you tell em how did you do it?

Dog House Brew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
11th batch of my ersatz Julius clone recirculating. Slept late, now playing catch up...

View attachment 715527

Nailed the pH....

View attachment 715531

Fly sparge started. So far so good :)

View attachment 715548

May be my best fly sparge in recent memory, looking for 14 gallon pre boil gravity of 1.057, got 1.061 :ban:
Last runnings 5.55 pH and 1.011 SG. Not much left behind...

View attachment 715570

Boil ON! :)

Whirlpooling 6 ounces of citra, simcoe and mosaic. Yum!

View attachment 715582

Carried the bonus gravity points through to the fermentors - recipe OG was 1.074, actual was 1.077.
Running off at 1 gpm through my Hopstopper-2 which performed wonderfully today.

View attachment 715610

Could not be more pleased with how well this Hopblocker-2 worked today. That's 10 ounces of pellet mush left behind. And no bottom scorching.

View attachment 715611

All gassed, hooked up to the keg purging system for this fridge, and ready to rock :)

View attachment 715612

Cheers!
Love the pics and the info. Man brewing inside looks like a slice of Heaven! I'm really considering the Stopper2. I've been using a stainless spider I let rest on a stem in my BK. I haven't felt hop deprived, but still feel commando is the best way. 4" of snow killed my brew day yesterday. 25 today and 52 by Sunday, go figure. Like your stuff all the way around.