what are the results if liquid and dry yeast are together

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I transferred my beer to the primary I spilt some of the liquid yeast once I had transferred then added. The kit I bought had dry yeast with the kit but I did not use it as I wanted to try a batch with liquid yeast. When I spilt some I compensated by adding some of the dry yeast I did not use that came with the kit. What will happen??? I did not use the whole pack of dry yeast about 1/3 of the pack.

It'll probably be fine. My brown ale started with a strain of liquid yeast, got stuck, and so I finished it with a bit of generic dry yeast. What are the yeast strains being combined?

Usually one strain will "overpower" the other, adding more of its character to the beer. Some strains work in harmony and create complexity, while others just shut down and allo the remaining yeast to complete the whole fermentation.

Back