What about too much water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrysKeturiolika

Reaction score
Hello,

As a newbie I tried to make everything as good as possible - sterilized all equipment as crazy, followed instructions step by step ( temp. 18-19C max, truly clean water, and so on ).

So, everything is finished, CO2 tube poped in and.. DAMN, it says "top up with cold water to 17 liters" and _not_ "top up with cold water with 17".
So in short - I ended up with extra 6 liters of water:)

Kit I used - MUNTONS Scottish Heavy Ale. I don't want to dump my beloved beer, so please - tell me if there is any way to save it? :)

I'm a newbie as well so don't take mine as the final word, but I believe it just means you'll end up with weaker beer. Probably not worth dumping, it might taste a bit watery and not be as high gravity as you want, but you can always argue that it's "healthier".

Call it a low-alcohol super ultra light beer, triple hopped and cold brewed, and those big BMC boys will bust down your doors trying to get your recipe.

Welcome to HBT!
Your wee heavy will be a little light. You could add some more fermentables, however, I would probably leave it alone and go with a lighter beer.

You might buy a couple ounces of malto dextrin and add it during bottling to give you a heavier mouth feel if you think it's going to be watery.

Back