What a wonderful Birthday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudbuster

This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today I am 74. I never thought I should live this long. It was a wonderful day. Everyone had something planed, but finally I said that the best Birthday that all could give me would be a complete day that I could just do what I wanted to do. Well, everyone agreed, so guess what that was! Today I leisurely brewed a 10 gallon batch of Belgian Golden Strong the old way. No pumps, electronic thermostats, nada, just me a thermometer, hydrometer, pH meter and a mash paddle. It was glorious. I did three rests and a transfer to the laughter tun, just like the old days. Hit all volumes and temps on the nose. What more could be asked. Ended up with 92% efficiency into the boil kettle. I had to cheat some with the transfer to two 6 gal carboys by setting up a vacuum pump to suck the cooled wort from the brew kettle to the fermenters. I just can't carry those things anymore. Adjusted the SG with sterilized water. The wort is now settling in the cooler. Tomorrow I'll transfer off the trub and pitch. Hope you young folks with me well with my birthday brew. Cheers..

Happy what's-left-of-your-birthday, you old fart!

My mom would always request a clean house for her birthday/ Mother's Day, etc. I always thought that was a lame gift, then I had a few kids and realized that a quiet, clean house was the PERFECT gift. And I'm sorry I never did give her the one (free!!) thing she asked for way back then!

Happy what's-left-of-your-birthday, you old fart!

My mom would always request a clean house for her birthday/ Mother's Day, etc. I always thought that was a lame gift, then I had a few kids and realized that a quiet, clean house was the PERFECT gift. And I'm sorry I never did give her the one (free!!) thing she asked for way back then!

Thank you SZ. A Complete day to one's self is so rare in my life. Always something needing done etc. I often wonder what they will do when I crump. I know they will adjust and all will be well. But, today was a good day..

I'm sorry I missed saying it on the real day, but happy birthday to you!

I was out of town for the day yesterday, and not on the forum. I didn't know it was your birthday, but I drank several good beers and now I'll pretend I did that in your honor, if that's ok.

I send good wishes for your belated birthday, and the wish for many more!

You are my hero. I pray that at 74 I am still brewing, drinking, and having a grand time. God bless, happy birthday, even if it's belated.

I'm sorry I missed saying it on the real day, but happy birthday to you!

I was out of town for the day yesterday, and not on the forum. I didn't know it was your birthday, but I drank several good beers and now I'll pretend I did that in your honor, if that's ok.

I send good wishes for your belated birthday, and the wish for many more!

Happy Birthday, Sud! I hope you have many more to come.

You are my hero. I pray that at 74 I am still brewing, drinking, and having a grand time. God bless, happy birthday, even if it's belated.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. BTW, my BB brew is becoming beer..

jugs-62868.jpg

Happy birthday, my first daughter was just born on the 26th you two share the same birthday :)

Latest posts

Back