What’s a Good Polish beer available in the US?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgallo

Instagram: bantam_brews
Reaction score
Hey folks looking for some help. A electrician we just hired hooked us up big time and literally charged us a fraction of his total labor cost because in his words “I gave you a quote and I’m a man of my word.” I’ve tried to give him more but he won’t accept. We’ve talked a few times about beer and I thought, well who can turn down beer as payment. He is originally from Poland, so I figured I’d try to get him something from Poland.

Does anyone have any recommendation for any Polish beers that I can find in the US?

Thanks in advance for your help!

i approve of this thread, payment in beer is always the best. or more work later on down the road.

Notch just released their Polish lager in cans. Prolly the closest thing you’d get to anything you’d actually drink fresh in Poland here in the states. The lagers they make in Salem are some of the best and most culturally accurate lagers brewed anywhere. Can’t recommend enough.

Zubr is a pretty good easy drinking lager too. It’s got a buffalo on the front. Not sure there are many buffalo in Poland, but it does make the bottle stand out. ;)

Dang you east coasters! We don't get Zywiec here in the midwest. That is some fantastic stuff. Last I had it was when I visited Baltimore in 2016.

Well I came here for the punchline :D .

What a nice guy. That's an honest buisness man right there. Very nice gesture on your part as well.

Looking for the best beer IN Poland? or the best beer FROM Poland? I like polish beers myself but the best beers in Poland come over from Czechia.
BTW I'm Polish so suck it.
3718D4E7-D854-470D-B675-042E7E26EAE5.jpeg

Things must have changed in Poland since I was there in the early 80’s. Alcohol choices were wine or vodka. You had to search to find beer. I think there was only one bar in Warsaw the even had beer. At least that’s what we were told.

Yup, and their porter is practically a benchmark of the Baltic porter style.

My wife's uncle ran the A. Le Coq brewery, Talinn, Estonia, under the last years of the soviet era (he's in one of Michael Jackson's big books). Agree on the Zywiec. Also agree on the porter, and would encourage a lot more from the Baltics and east Europe if you haven't had a lot.

The other Popular lager is Okocim. In my area these are found in Polish delis. .5l 10 packs. Zywiec porter is excellent, though could be a bit much for the person unaccustomed to the style.

^. Forgot, of course. Okocim is great. We no longer live in Chicago but are only a couple hours away, and there are at least two Polish delis we go to to clean up. I no longer drink beer (I know), but man, the smoked meats and assortment of incredible beers....

^. Forgot, of course. Okocim is great. We no longer live in Chicago but are only a couple hours away, and there are at least two Polish delis we go to to clean up. I no longer drink beer (I know), but man, the smoked meats and assortment of incredible beers....
Hey, I would love to know your favorites in Chicagoland.

How close to Chicago are you? Andy's Deli, for one....
I'm in Iowa City, about 4 hours away. And, you no longer drink beer? Why are you on a homebrewing forum? That'd just temp me to want to drink.

Tyski also good.
Have brewed the clone brews zywiec a few times and it has come out nicely.
Our dog sitter said he likes Tetley bitter and he doesn't want payment, so I'm going to make sure plenty for him. Although not found or tried to hard to find a recipe. Its basic keg bitter though.

Latest posts

Back