Wet Hop Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kniles38

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with an extract/mini mash recipe for a wet hopped American Pale Ale. I mostly prefer straight forward lighter pale ales.

I will have about 1-2 quarts of cascade and a pint of centennial. I have no idea what this would equate to as far as dry equivalent ounces. I am hoping this will be enough for a 5 gallon batch.

Thank You.

I have heard, in terms of weight, that wet hops weigh about 4-5 times as much as dry hops. I am going to be doing the same thing very soon with my cascade hops, but I only plan on dry hopping with them. I think most people save their fresh hops for either late additions or dry hopping.

Volume doesn't mean anything, you need to know the weight. Any Pale recipe would work, just multiple the dry weights by 5 and you'll be close. Use the centennial for bittering. Assume an average AA% and aim for the middle of the IBU range and you'll have a very good change of staying in the range.

Don't forget, you have to use or dry fresh hops within 48 hours of picking.

I've been disappointed when I've used fresh hops for dry hopping. YMMV

Latest posts

Back