Wells Fargo Sucks!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Man - I am really starting to hate Wells Fargo. Saturday morning I walked into our closest bank which happens to be a wonderful Smells Fartgo.

I walked in there asking for a few rolls of quarters. They asked if I had an account with them. I said no, they said can't give me a roll. I said ok how about 20 for $5? Again, said no.

I had $400 worth of singles to open a savings account for my newborn and it pissed me off so much all I can say fark their a$$es. Its the snotty a$$ way they said it that got me.

Is it me or does Wells Fargo have the innate ability to piss people off.

I can't stand them. I had an acct with them for about 2.73 weeks before I told them to kiss off. One of my good friends was a supervisor there for about 3 months before HE told them to kiss off.
I'm not gonna make broad accusations but there are a few branches around here that just have the worst customer service.

while the big banks started to charge for walk up teller service and started to limit things such as change counting(which they do anyway even if you rolled the coins) for people with accounts. and they started to refuse anything for people without accounts. such as wells fargo cashing a check that was written on an account there.

i had an employer one time who drew checks on wells fargo. state of tx allowed them to charge a fee for cashing it. which sucks cause they charged the company whose bank account it was for the check. anyway the banks such as boa bok wellsfargo chase will never see money from me directly as i will not open an account cause of their anti customer service policys. midfirst started putting change machines in their lobbies free for anyone.

i remember when bok which is a state bank here used to have a change machine. i would bring them a sack of change they would change it out. then they started to charge a fee which was fine but 10% was way too much. i mean its a machine that counts for them. then when i had an account for another bank called arvest they wouldnt take any bulk change not rolled. when i took in a bunch of rolled coin they split the rolls to drop in the machine to count. anyway i refuse to do business with banks that have that fee for everything mentality.

Do you really think that banks exist to make change for random people off the street?

Yes - That's why I went in there. What a stooopid question. :D

I know what you mean but it was the snotty ***** attitude that pissed me off more.

A simple act like that might have gotten my business, but now I will tell a bunch of people they suck balls.

BTFW - THEY SUCK BALLS!!!

My wife used to work at the mortgage office where they got state money to hire 2000 employees. 3 months after they got the funds they laid them off. All under the guise that they are contract employees. To me its like cookin' the books on head count.

Credit for giving work to 2000 people, no bad press when you take their stapler and tell them GTFO.

My Wells Fargo story -

Got my loan through them when I bought the engagement ring, they were the only bank the jeweler dealt with. Week one - the incessant phone calls come in. Want me to consolidate some other debt (school, CC, car) with them. I listen for the first time - they are going to consolidate at 14%. My CC is at 8%, my students loans are deferred because I'm in graduate school, and my car only had a year left.

I ask why they would want me to refinance at a higher rate (the credit card had the majority of the debt) and laugh.

They keep calling, I ask to be put on their "do not call" list, but they tell me they can't do that since I'm a customer with an outstanding balance.

Calls keep coming. I go in to an office one day, and some girl tells me the exact same thing about refinancing - at this time, my car has maybe half a year left on it and the CC is paid down, and they still fail to update their system or realize that I am not paying my student loans (only interest) since they're deferred - they keep thinking I'm paying them, even though I tell this girl face to face that isn't the case.

Finally paid the damn thing off, told them to suck it, and filed me complaint with the BBB since I'm pretty sure what they told me about their do not call was a crock.

The exist for the same reason any company exists: to make a profit. Changing coins into bills costs them next to nothing, and is good customer service. If I'm in the market to open a savings account (something which makes the banks money) and they treat me poorly, I'll go somewhere else.

My understanding is that they have no problems performing this service for customers.

Do you really think that banks exist to make change for random people off the street?

Umm...I worked for a bank that does provide that service for non-customers - working off the model of a retail establishment rather than the traditional banking model.

Considering the condition of our banking system, you'd think they might be interested in the concept of customer service.

Umm...I worked for a bank that does provide that service for non-customers - working off the model of a retail establishment rather than the traditional banking model.

Considering the condition of our banking system, you'd think they might be interested in the concept of customer service.

A lack of retail deposits is not one of the problems facing the banking industry.

Right, but financial institutions acting like complete *****ebags IS one of the problems facing our banking industry...never said consumer deposits were an issue - most people (my husband excluded) aren't willing to bury their cash in the backyard. Fact is, the bank I mentioned is not a major investment bank and has had continued success because of its contribution to the local community in the way of customer service. Gets my dollar every time over the Wells Fargo type.

My understanding is that they have no problems performing this service for customers.

I'm a customer, just not one with an account. The bank needs to treat all customers the same. The snotty ***** lost them two savings accounts and a checking account. The total balance would have been more than that person probably makes in a year.

As I said they SUCK BALLS!

No kidding. They need people making deposits. MF'rs

this is the reason i use a credit union for my major accounts and 99% of my 'banking' needs. no fees on every little dang thing you do and tellers that know your name when you walk inside without looking up your account.

Right, but financial institutions acting like complete *****ebags IS one of the problems facing our banking industry...never said consumer deposits were an issue - most people (my husband excluded) aren't willing to bury their cash in the backyard. Fact is, the bank I mentioned is not a major investment bank and has had continued success because of its contribution to the local community in the way of customer service. Gets my dollar every time over the Wells Fargo type.

I think that claiming that *****ebaggery is pervasive in banks and spread from the $10/hr teller to the Wall Street front and back offices is a bit of a stretch.

I get it though, you care if retail banks perform minor services for non-customers and I don't.

I'm not sure I see continuing down the street to your own bank or a laundromat or an arcade to be a huge hardship. I would rather my bank hire one less teller and only provide service to it's debtors and depositors.

When we bought our last house, we had the mortgage through them. Was nothing but problems and they even screwed up our escrow...was sending the tax money to a county in South Carolina (not MD)! Their customer service sucks and they're overall a ****ty company. :mad:

When we bought our last house, we had the mortgage through them. Was nothing but problems and they even screwed up our escrow...was sending the tax money to a county in South Carolina (not MD)! Their customer service sucks and they're overall a ****ty company. :mad:

They treat their employees like dirt. They were processing loans for Katrina somewhere out of their southern office. They told the people in that areas mortgage group that they would laid-off at the end of the month. The wife said they could hardly give a rats a$$ about processing the loan papers after that.

In her old office they hire/fire very large amount of contract people based on the changing interest rate. They claim to be a pillar of the community in Des Moines. They seem to take stock that have created jobs for people. The contract people have a $hity attitude because they have no benefits and no job security. My wife was a contractee. No medical, no sick time, no vacation. People where afraid to stay home when sick, they'd be gone, not to mention not getting paid for the time out of work.

The contracts are not with the worker, but with a contract firm. You can be there one day, and if they didn't like you some reason you were gone. They at Wells would ask for another body.

Reminds me of the local BofA, I needed to do laundry so I take $40 out at the ATM pay the $3 fee and go inside to get $20 in quarters. They wanted to charge a "rolling fee" for each roll...

These days it seems like every bank only see people as large dollar signs and their mission is to bilk you for as much as possible.

They haven't learned their lesson from the financial crisis. What got them in the mess they are in now was forgoing long term gains for short term profit. Now they are alienating all of their customers is an even more desperate bid for short term profit.

We should have let them all fail.

Among your problem I absolutley hate that banks will not honor a check that was written from one of there account holders. I go in and try to get them to cash a check and there like that'll be 9 dollars. Are you friggin serious? 9 dollars to cash a check written from your account holder?

Why did I suspect the real issue was being obfuscated.

I didn't like the bank then. But that was the mortgage group.

A new bank just down the street has opened since Jan 1. I thought I give it a shot.

Again, they proved to me why they suck. I gave that specific branch the benefit of the doubt. No chip on my shoulder when I walked in to the branch. It was the attitude of the teller and the BS policy.

I also went in there because I wanted a bank close by. My bank that I use now is 20-30 minutes away. Its only an issue for walk in type of stuff.

I live on the east side but my bank is on the far west side.

I started a joint account with my mom in middle school and Wells Fargo has been mainly fine for me since then. A couple things I've run into don't make any sense at all. Since I don't live with my mom or do any banking with her I told them to take her name off (my name is first on the account), but they couldn't do it. I never got a real explanation why and she's still on the account. Also, I told them that I wanted online statements instead of the paper ones and they said I had to go online and change it. I registered online and clicked on the correct boxes, but I still get the paper mail every month.

There was a situation where I got excellent customer service. Some people stole my card number and used it to start a Russian bestiality website (sick), but anyway, I don't really use this account and didn't pay attention to the statements that I wasn't getting online. One time I looked at a paper statement and noticed a $30 charge, but since I didn't use the account in the past month there shouldn't have been anything. This website service charge had been going on every month for the past seven or eight months or so and I went in to the bank and told them I didn't make these charges. I sat and talked with a banker, not the teller, and they got all my information and said they would call the website company to get more information and that I should come back in a week. I came back and the banker recognized me and said that I would be able to get most of my money. I came back a few days later after their paperwork went through and I got about $180 on my account. They did this for a customer who doesn't use their account and only has like $300 sitting in it. I use another bank for everything, but it was a good experience with them and I keep the account open in case I need to take out money there...or exchange for some quarters.

you only got part of the money back? for something you didn't do you still paid them. they made you feel good by giving you some of the money they charged you back but they still made money for something they shouldnt have. id have closed the account and moved it to a local bank or credit union.

you only got part of the money back? for something you didn't do you still paid them. they made you feel good by giving you some of the money they charged you back but they still made money for something they shouldnt have. id have closed the account and moved it to a local bank or credit union.

Have you ever read a credit card contract?

this is the reason i use a credit union for my major accounts and 99% of my 'banking' needs. no fees on every little dang thing you do and tellers that know your name when you walk inside without looking up your account.

I've never had anyone take me up on this, but feel free to post the fee schedule from your credit union if you think it is more generous than my bank's.

What charges will I incur if I have Electric Orange?
Like you'd expect from ING DIRECT, there are no charges for having your account. There are five charges you could potentially incur.

What charges are there?
Overdraft Line of Credit. You pay interest if your balance drops below zero and you use your Overdraft Line of Credit. Unlike traditional banks, there's no fee to use your overdraft, or sign up for the feature. If you use it, you will only pay interest on the amount you borrow.
Overnight Delivery of a Check. If you use our Send Paper Checks service to send payments via overnight courier, in those instances when you need to send money for next day delivery, the cost is $15. (1st class mail Send Paper Checks delivery is free.)
Overnight Delivery of a Replacement Card. If you request to have a replacement Electric Orange Card sent to you via overnight courier, there is a $25 charge. There is no charge for standard delivery of a replacement Card.
Stop Payment. If we succeed in processing your request to place a stop payment on a check that was sent using the Send Paper Checks feature or the Free Bill Pay feature, there is a $25 Stop Payment charge. (For more info on this, please see the Stop Payments section.)
Foreign Transaction. If you use your Card for a foreign transaction (any transaction made in a foreign currency or that MasterCard® classifies as a cross-border transaction), a charge of 2% of the foreign transaction amount will be applied (if it’s in a foreign currency, this will be based on the amount after it’s converted to U.S. Dollars by MasterCard®). This is in addition to what MasterCard® may charge as part of converting the purchase to U.S. Dollars.
There are no other charges.

They reimbursed me for 6 months of charges I never made and there were like 8 months total. It's written in the policies and I'm fine with that, especially since I'm the one who should have been paying attention to my own account.

yup sure have. and the credit union before it merged with another was always great. post merger they have went down hill.

Why do you think the bank is obligated to go above and beyond the clearly delineated terms of the contract? In this case, abover and beyonder.

I have had, on more than one occasion, a problem with money dissapearing at Wells Fargo. I would attempt to withdraw from my account and there would be no money in it. They could not account for the large sum of money that seemed to walk out of my account. Each time this happened it would take several days convincing them that the gap in their own paperwork should not be there. In the end it turned out to be some form of glitch in their system that others had experienced as well. Needless to say I no longer use Wells Fargo.

Our company used to bank at wells fargo. We routinely kept 200,000 in a non interest bearing account that was used for payroll & payables. They started charging our employees for cashing their payroll checks. We went to them and told them we would move our account of 10 years if they would not cash these 30 checks per month without a fee. They told us that they could not accomodate us. So to save their 120.00 per month in fees they lost a long term account that they gave absolutely nothing to for free. We were a fee for service account paying for every little thing & getting no interest & no help whatsoever. Now we bank with a small local bank and get great service & lower fees. Wells Fargo needs some client service training for sure.

I have had, on more than one occasion, a problem with money dissapearing at Wells Fargo....
...In the end it turned out to be some form of glitch in their system that others had experienced as well. Needless to say I no longer use Wells Fargo.

Our company used to bank at wells fargo. We routinely kept 200,000 in a non interest bearing account that was used for payroll & payables. They started charging our employees for cashing their payroll checks. We went to them and told them we would move our account of 10 years if they would not cash these 30 checks per month without a fee. They told us that they could not accomodate us. So to save their 120.00 per month in fees they lost a long term account that they gave absolutely nothing to for free. We were a fee for service account paying for every little thing & getting no interest & no help whatsoever. Now we bank with a small local bank and get great service & lower fees. Wells Fargo needs some client service training for sure.

Two more instances to show that Wells Fargo really does Sucks Balls. Why am I not surprised.

Wells Fargo is a horrible bank. I'll spare you the long story but they are an absolutely horrible bank with terrible customer service that could care less about an individual customer.

BoA is pretty close behind them but Wells Fargo is the worse.

Wells Fargo is a horrible bank. I'll spare you the long story but they are an absolutely horrible bank with terrible customer service that could care less about an individual customer.

Apparently you haven't used Key bank :mad:

The only two banks I would recommend to anyone are Fifth Third bank and Colorado State bank and Trust if you happen to live in CO - all of the other ones I've done business with have blown chunks...

Txbrew - Humor me with a story!!!

As fo BoA - I have gotten the 14th last and final call to lower my CC interest rate. Just got that today. I believe I get this automated recording every week.

It must really piss them off that I won't run a balance. :D

Wells Fargo does suck. I moved my checking account from them to US Bank 5 years ago. I had a scheduled payment get presented to them 3 days before it was supposed to be scheduled, and it caused my checking account to be overdrawn by $5. They charged me a $25 overdraft fee for every transaction that occurred on that day... not just the one that overdrafted the account. 8 transactions, $200 fee. When they refused to reverse some of those charges I closed my account and moved it to US Bank... where I've been quite happy.

My WtF story. I was in college and wanted to cash my $1.60 state tax refund check. Nope, no account. Told them to close my fraternity's account. THEN they were willing to cash my check, but I pointed out that they only cashed checks for people with accounts. Took the frat's account down the road.

Back