Wells Bombardier Premium Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaeger48

Reaction score
I recently brewed an ESB that I thought was close to style but (at least in BeerSmith) but after much dismay in a local brew club rating and reading Jamil's recipe I felt I was quite off the mark. I decided to buy quite a few different bottles of commercial examples and have been sampling them before my next brew day. Nothing I found was close to what I had brewed until tonight I opened the last example- Wells Bombardier Premium Ale. Finally an ale close to the one I had brewed, slightly better attenuation and more hop character than my beer but I feel I'm close.

I do enjoy this beer and I'm going to play around with my fermentation temperature and hop schedule but I was curious- how many people have tried this ale and if I were to enter something similar in a competition are there any thoughts on how it would fare?

I had it on tap last time I was in England and it was far and away the best beer I've ever had in England. I'd love to get a clone of this one.

Back