Well this sux lack of CO2 vendors anyone else have this issue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So I went to get my CO2 tanks filled at the place I have gone to for the last 2 years only to be told they can no longer fill CO2 tanks and they have to be shipped 2 hours away to their home office to be filled.

So I go to the back up welding shop I go to sometimes and they tell me they only fill tanks about once a month now when they enough tanks waiting to make it worthwhile.

Luckily they are filling tomorrow and my GF works near there ( it's 20 miles from home) so she can pick them up.

But WTF!?!?!

Anyone else have this problem? There are about 5 or 6 welding shops in my area but only two filled CO2 tanks. Now I got just one and they only fill every few weeks or so.

Now I can "rent" bigger tanks all the way up to 100lb ones pretty reasonably. Is there a thingamajig that would allow me to fill my smaller tanks from a 20lb or larger tank?

I never fill mine, I just exchange them. That means no waiting. I just drop off my empty and pick up a full one. The welding company has plenty of tanks ready to go and they swap steel for steel or aluminum for aluminum. Oh and I do not have to worry about hydro test dates either. They only fill currently dated or tested tanks so every one I pick up is current.

Have you checked fire equipment places? That is where I have mine filled and they take care of it while I wait.

I couldn't due the tank swap thing cuz they didn't have any tanks like mine I have a 7lb tank and an aluminum 5lb one so they didn't offer to swap.

There is a fire extinguisher place in town I will give them a try.

Back