well, this how you do it....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's 108F out side 90f inside temp, just brewed yesterday....A/C crapped out on me, not even sweating it..."It's a dry heat!" lol, any sweat that tries to form will just instantly be boiled off....

ahhh, nothing like a nice 94f degree room to relax in!

on a plus note, pretty sure the A/C just lost a fuse. so on to the hardware store in the morning when i'm sober, should only be $20 bucks.....

Stay hydrated, dry heat is the worse, never know how much water you have lost. On a good note, you Might be able to fry up some eggs without the stove.....

Sounds about like drinking in a hot tub but it's your place lol. Hope it is a fuse and you get it cooled down soon.
Stay hydrated, dry heat is the worse, never know how much water you have lost. On a good note, you Might be able to fry up some eggs without the stove.....

I too hope it's the fuse, i know it's blown. but i hope that's all it was...

and @Redpappy LOTS of Beer! need the pain killer, inside temp was 98f last i looked! Arizona life! :mug: :mug: :mug: oh, hell....:bott:

Of course the classic example pertains to carboy or bucket fermenters during heat waves etc, but if you don a wet tee shirt and sit your ass in front of a standard 20" box fan ($18 at your local Walmart) there's a solid chance you will be totally chill in no time ;)

Cheers!

yeah, well i was dissapointed the ceiling fan was allready on high.....but you know, the damp tee shirt's not a bad idea...think i'll wring one out now! :mug:

edit: got my wet tee on, out of curiosity, shot my IR therm at it, 74f! nice and cool!

Last edited:
Lol! So much awesome - this totally made my day :mug:

fwiw, I've been painting 2nd story deck railing for the last few days - almost 100 feet of it and I can do roughly 25 linear feet per day - and today the thermometer was tickling 90°F in the shade while I was painting in direct sunlight on the south side of the house and dripping like crazy. Right around 5PM I was ready to just dive in our pond.

But this year I finally installed mini-split AC systems throughout the house, one on the north side, one on the south, and a third on the west end, two systems each servicing two bedrooms and the third the great room, dining room and kitchen (open plan stuff). Went with Carrier based on reputation and local service availability (the company is actually located in our boonie town). So far, so wonderful!

Cheers!

Lol! So much awesome - this totally made my day :mug:

fwiw, I've been painting 2nd story deck railing for the last few days - almost 100 feet of it and I can do roughly 25 linear feet per day - and today the thermometer was tickling 90°F in the shade while I was painting in direct sunlight on the south side of the house and dripping like crazy. Right around 5PM I was ready to just dive in our pond...

Cheers!

sweating.... at least you see your water loss.. try being bone dry.... seen a few people do face plants to the concrete, not a pretty site...

maybe it’s just me, but I prefer humidity heat versus dry heat...

Jocularity aside, be careful down there. It's getting near dusk out there yet those temperatures still look pretty darned intense.
And people actually do expire in such climes...

1623633262503.png

Cheers!

Jocularity aside, be careful down there. It's getting near dusk out there yet those temperatures still look pretty darned intense.
And people actually do expire in such climes...

View attachment 732229

Cheers!

yeppers, but i can tell the two box fans in the windows are actually starting to help, not hurt the situation....with how well the wet t shirt is working...

and i do have 1-hour A/C i could call....but that'd probably cost more then 2-3 months of drinking.....

Hmmm......beer or sitting comfortably in your home... hard choice..

edit, but if able to fix yourself within 18 hours.....hmmm

edit, but if able to fix yourself within 18 hours.....hmmm

yeah $500, or $20 in the morning...and having people to goof off and make the heat into a wise crack...priceless....

(and speaking of wise crack, i even looked into getting the fuses delivered from instacart! they deliver from best buy! but damn, these are hard core 50A fuses! :()

Nothing like spending a but load of money for something you can do for small amounts....... damm life for enter fearing with drinking.. lol... been there done that.

|My brother's bounced back and forth between Arizona - Pheonix area, and Chicago area for the past 20 years - at least a few moves each direction. Visiting AZ in the dead of summer is a rough one. Dry heat or not, 120 degrees is still too damn hot. |Like walking into a wall just going out the door. That said, the time I was there in late July, played 2 and 2 half rounds of golf, drinking tons of water and gatorade, but never having to go to the bathroom was an experience. That was the time I discovered how good a ice-water soaked towel feels on the back of your neck when you get to the clubhouse.

I can remember landing in various deep south airports and upon exiting the particular terminal literally had my breath taken away by the temperature differential. Houston was always the worst as it offered oppressive humidity to go with the crazy heat but New Orleans was only tenths of a point behind, and frankly pretty much any city along the same latitude from Nevada to South Carolina totally sucked once summer had dug itself in.

Frankly I don't understand how people live like that, but there we are....

Cheers!

well i hear stories of people that live in the snow....aparently the way you do it is have two houses....one for both seasons....

and this was just the shirt that happened to be available, got it from short circuited brewing....wish my A/C had a on circuit....but it'll maybe help a bit down to 97f inside now.....
shortcircuit.jpg

LOL, as i'm wearing a freshly wet t-shirt....(so far it dry's out quicker then a beer takes to drink, so it's like fresh soak every 15 minutes)

if i had a cell phone the thought whould have came to me to get an uber to the hardware store!

I can remember landing in various deep south airports and upon exiting the particular terminal literally had my breath taken away by the temperature differential. Houston was always the worst as it offered oppressive humidity to go with the crazy heat but New Orleans was only tenths of a point behind, and frankly pretty much any city along the same latitude from Nevada to South Carolina totally sucked once summer had dug itself in.

Cheers!
How funny this is...when I flew from AZ to OH, it took me a minute to get my breath... when I flew back to AZ 30 days later, it took me a minute to adjust to the temps. New Orleans is on the gulf, ( going from a drunk memory) is similar to Florida’s pan handle(Pensacola,nevare, fort walton beach, destin, area.). I bring these areas up ,because I have worked/lived in the area.

to this day, I prefer the humidity over dry heat.... and yes,people do argue that they prefer the dry.... even The one’s that come from Washington State.

so it reallyboils down to what your body can handle.

I live in a part of the world where it can be hotter than Phoenix in August and colder than Fairbanks in January. The one constant is the humidity. The RH is seldom above 50% except when it’s raining or foggy-maybe 30 days a year. Most of the time it’s 25-30%. I can deal with extreme temps when it’s dry but am not a happy camper when the RH is above 60-70%, hot or cold.

Cheers!

I grew up near Houston, never noticed how bad it was 'til I went somewhere else
(anywhere else) then came back. Gettin off the plane you run into the air. :>)
Found out the British Embassy used to give hazardous duty pay to their folks stationed
in Houston, couldn't figure why.
Try heat-treating vessels in a refinery in the summer, we used to put ice in our hardhats.
Had a job in Colorado welding the floors in coal cars (yep, in the summer sun). Got asked
how anyone could stand that, wasn't that bad really.
Guess it's what you get used to. If it doesn't kill ya, etc.

just when i thought my mental model of Bracc couldn't get any more deranged, I now have a burned in image of him rocking a solo wet tee shirt competition. Thank you for continuously upping the ante

just when i thought my mental model of Bracc couldn't get any more deranged, I now have a burned in image of him rocking a solo wet tee shirt competition. Thank you for continuously upping the ante

let me help you, it's a shirt i bought for charity.. my boss told me a smelt like band-aids! lol

"State Forty Eight, phx driven"!

goofingoff.jpg

Latest posts

Back