Well that sucked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightshade

Reaction score
Just got done reloading my computer after a major crash.
Lost all my recipes so I will have to rebuild from recipe sheets which isn't too terrible but there were quite a few I hadn't transferred to recipe sheets yet and are now lost for good :(

Back up your brewing software files regularly, redundancy is never overkill.

Off to stick my head in a fermenter and suck in a lungful of CO2:cross:

Did the hard drive containing your recipes die? I assume you re-installed the OS on a new hard drive then?

Google docs spreadsheets FTW

Did the hard drive containing your recipes die? I assume you re-installed the OS on a new hard drive then?

Google docs spreadsheets FTW

No it got corrupted across partitions beginning in the OS' partition.
I tried a recovery through a second computer to pull the files I needed off the drive but it was pretty well borked by that point so a full format and re-install was the final call.

I am usually very good about backing my stuff up after years of working in the photography game, but I got complacent the last year or two and now I pay the price for it.

Stop it guys, you’re making me feel old. I’m using technology you may not be familiar with, a notebook and a three hole punch. I can read ‘em like a comic book.

I use Brewer’s Friend to calculate the numbers and make a nice one page printout. I used to save the receipts but I like the print-out better.

Back