Well My Hard Drive Died

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAvAgE

Reaction score
Was having a few problems the last couple of days and finally tonight after an install of Fedora thinking it was the LVM manager (Logical Volume Manager) Tried opensuse again and it was screaming , rebooted system and POST freezing on trying to detect a HDD. so I am now on my wifes system spreading my grief :(

Oh well at least my data is backed up so I have not lost anything.

Gotta spend more money

hmmmmmm maybe a 750GB SATA Drive is in order..... :rockin:

I'm seriously considering a Compact Flash to 3.5 EDI converter for the boot and base OS. With that and my rsync backup script, I would have an almost bullet-proof setup.

My laptop HDD crashed a few weeks back... it was terrible. I had a uni assignment due that i had almost finished. Lost the whole thing... had 3 days to re-do it.

38 years in the industry -> ALMOST bullet-proof

I've seen everything fail: including cracks in motherboards that only separate when the room temperature gets high, keyboards that only work cold, identical hardware setups with system images that work differently & CPUs that only fail when the tape drive is running.

Next buy:

http://www.hammer-storage.com/products/myshare.asp

Back