Well, I'm thinking of giving up my pint a day beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for making me feel like a drunkard, lol. I usually range between 2-4 a day. Takes that much to just take my mind off of the job and relax a bit before I go to bed. Although I may be cutting back a bit to accommodate a new gym membership. Gotta work a little harder to burn off the calories of good beer.

Thanks for making me feel like a drunkard, lol. I usually range between 2-4 a day. Takes that much to just take my mind off of the job and relax a bit before I go to bed. Although I may be cutting back a bit to accommodate a new gym membership. Gotta work a little harder to burn off the calories of good beer.

Let me help you out - I am a 2-4 per day man myself. I try to burn it off running, biking and doing yardwork/gardening. Plus, I justify one or two of them because I don't drink any soda or the like - Just coffee, water, milk and beer. Figure the lack of calories in coffee and water gives me an extra beer or two.

1-2 alcoholic beverages for men has been shown to IMPROVE heart health and prolong life span (1 per day max for women). Numerous studies on this (sponsored by drinking Docs maybe?).

Unfortunately once you exceed 2 drinks (or 1 for women) the benefit goes away and you can start to go the other direction. I do the 1-2 beers per day on Docs orders. Prosit!

1-2 alcoholic beverages for men has been shown to IMPROVE heart health and prolong life span (1 per day max for women). Numerous studies on this (sponsored by drinking Docs maybe?).

Unfortunately once you exceed 2 drinks (or 1 for women) the benefit goes away and you can start to go the other direction. I do the 1-2 beers per day on Docs orders. Prosit!
I've read this but also read that wine is much better for your health than beer. I'm not really into wine so I'll stick to beer.
I try not to drink too much during the week as I'm of the age where the belly can get big. I exercise 4-5 days a week but that's just no enough and my homebrew is full of calories. However, I just have to hit a beer or two during the week just to make sure they aren't going bad. :drunk:

I've read this but also read that wine is much better for your health than beer. I'm not really into wine so I'll stick to beer.

Nope, most of the studies now show the same benefit for any type of alcoholic beverage. There are a couple of additional things in wine that are healthy, but CH3CH2OH is CH3CH2OH.

Homebrew is even better because the yeast is not completely filtered out. Lots O' Vitamins.

I brew all week long, but aside from doing taste tests I really only drink a full beer about every couple of days (maybe 3 a week). I know that sounds strange for someone who brews and loves beer but I also cycle about 150-200 miles a week and beer really slows me down and dehydrates me if I have too much.

Back