Well, I WAS going to brew this weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
But this might put a damper on things :(

gomex_sat_600x405.jpg

Yeah, wondering how much we may get here in central Texas. You can come up here and help me with the 4 batches I have planned if you need to evacuate!

You can come up here and help me with the 4 batches I have planned if you need to evacuate!

SWEET! Whats the to-brew list?? :D

Well, it's gone more south so we're not going to get totally screwed. We're expecting 4-6" of rain and tropical storm force winds..........

gomex_sat_600x405.jpg

The GOOD news is this: Friday and Saturday should be clear.....I can still brew :ban:

weather.jpg

Saturday looks good, but you may need your waiders! 6 Inch of rain is a lot of water! Joking aside.. Be Careful down there man, Hurricanes Suck.

Oh wow. Be safe guys. Being in PA, we don't really have to deal with hurricanes, but I can imagine it sucks.

On the downside...it's not comforting to know the high temperature in Texas today is lower than it is here in suburban Philadelphia :mad:

Yup, TBH I'm still pretty new to the Coastal Bend and all this tropical storm business. Not much crazy happens weather wise in Austin or the Hill Country for that matter....

Yesterday I was freaking out about if we should board up our house or not....then I talked to my buddy who's lived here his whole life and he just laughed at me. :D

Yeah Friday is still going to be kinda crazy it looks like but I normally brew on Saturdays anyway. Even though it's headed south and all that, I'm still going to take tomorrow off :D

Yep, batten down the hatches and good luck to ya man. It's that lovely, lovely season again, where our tornados finally peter off, and your hurricanes start pickin' up. Keep safe dude!

after our ice storm in dec i was able to buy a nice generator that monday at homedepot. i got it for 399 which was about 40% off. for some reason they had pallets of the things in the store and i initially only wen to get a chain saw. i said to heck with it and bought the generator though i would only probably use it one time. got it home hooked up the following day. back fed the house. didnt have to worry about back feeding the grid because they came and disconnected the house cause of the weather head. so i had power for the entire house. was nice. had heat no big issues. even ran a line to my neighbor who had the same issue. he hooked his heater up. another neighbor did the same thing except he didnt have weather head damage so he just fed his heater. and he ran a line to the other neighbor. we were out of power for a week. i was out for a month since i was going on vacation so when others got thier power back on the day i was leaving i couldnt schedual an electrician to replace the heather head and box. needless to say freezer went to a friends house who had power and i came hom to a cold home. fired up the generator and was warm again. the next day i was able to get an electrician to do the work for me. fast forward 4 months and power outage #2 due to high winds. was out for 4 days.

guess what i am saying is get a generator the next time those things are on good sale. get one 6500 watts or above. get a disconnect switch installed for a whole house transfer and just realize you cant live life like normal if you do the whole house transfer. cheaper then running dedicated lines for a limited amount of outlets. and mine was able to power freezer refridge my home theater and any lights i needed without dragging down. that is until i turned on the microwave ;-) that that point it just happened that the fridge was cycling as the microwave was running. good luck to you.

It's supposed to be 100º here Sat. After the rain we get between now and then, I expect that's going to be a very humid 100º, too.

I'll be having about 15 local brewers over for a brew club meeting that I haven't met yet, so hopefully we'll have a good time, anyway.

Ugh, it's STILL 55 miles away from land and moving at 8mph..........basically another 10hrs or so until it ACTUALLY hits :(

Sounds like you have a day of heavy drinking ahead of you. I know that's how I'd cope, at least! (But I'm a wuss when it comes to weather)

Well, it might not be so bad....

It rained last night and a little when I woke up but now its fine.....I called into work (I work in the next town over, Port Aransas, which is ON the coast) and my boss said it looked fine out there but I could have the day off if I wanted.

Yeah, I wanted :D

So, I'm going to go whip up a recipe and brew today......

Back