Well, I did it!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasdadhockey

Reaction score
Today I did my first All Grain brew, Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde.
I don't know why, but everything went right...EVERYTHING!!! Hit all my temps perfectly, pH was at 5.2, sparged for 60 minutes...etc.
I added 1 extra lb. of pale thinking that my first try would yield a low efficiency. Nope. Came out at 1.054, 93% efficiency.:rockin:
I'm sure they won't all go so well, but I'm going to celebrate this one.
Thanks to everyone for teaching me about this kick ass hobby and answering all my questions. Next up..., Bell's two hearted clone:D

Ah man, you jinxed it! Now you're going to get a stuck fermentation at 1.020. :(

Nah, I keed, I keed. Glad to hear everything went well. How in the hell did you get 93% efficiency?

Hope it tastes even better than you think when it's done! :mug:

Ah man, you jinxed it! Now you're going to get a stuck fermentation at 1.020. :(

Nah, I keed, I keed. Glad to hear everything went well. How in the hell did you get 93% efficiency?

Hope it tastes even better than you think when it's done! :mug:

Not real sure, to be honest with you. Plugging in all the numbers into Promash, it said 93%. I think it might be two-fold. First..., really good crush. Second, 60 minute fly sparge. It was painfully slow, but apparently effective.
According to the Malt v. Hop chart, it shoult fall in the slightly malty range. Hope it's good.;)

congrats man. It is true that all grain brewing is the shiznitty bam snizzle fo rizzle dizzle.

I hope all your brewing is as effective as your first.
What are you using for a setup?

It is true that all grain brewing is the shiznitty bam snizzle fo rizzle dizzle.

I hope all your brewing is as effective as your first.
What are you using for a setup?

You know, I've heard that about all grain:mug::D

Setup= 3 tier system, 15 gal HLT and BK, 10 gal MLT igloo cooler w/ CPVC manifold.

Congrats man, that's the beauty of doing your homework & HBT. But 93%, Holy S**T that's awesome. I was stoked to get to 82%, after a year of tweaking. Keep it up!!

Back