Weldless fiting on a pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farfromrice

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a weldless fitting on a 40 qt stock pot for the royal palms restaurant pots. Mine arrived today and I just wnated any input before I drill a hole in the side on it. And a heads up they are not out of the 40 qt also. Glad I got my order in on time :mug::mug

I can't speak as to the 40 Qt, but I bought 2 60 Qt pots from there, drilled my holes, and put the weldless fittings in. I did 12 gallon test boils in each pot without even a drip. I say go for it.

Thanks just put a order in glad its coming priority mail.. As long as the post office don't go bankrupt in the next 2-3 days I should be fine

try bargain fittings. he is a vendor on the forums and has great service. he is where i ordered my weldless fittings from

I'm not a fan of weldless fitting only welded now that's out of the way
but this is what I did for a friends weldless fittings that has worked 100% drip free for years.
With the 40 qt. kettles he was having problems after every few brews with guessing when they would start dripping to even become bad leaks with his weldless fittings with the valve only relying on the half crushed resistance of the "O" rings for preventing turning and wobbling of the valves. A totally POS setup on my way of thinking.
Too tight and it would spit out the "O" rings. I machined a step into larger diameter nuts as well made 1/4" thick washers also with a step to confine the "O" rings. With half the orange high temp not black rubber "O" rings thickness between the nut or washer to kettles when just making a full "O" ring contact on the kettles before any compression has begun. The nut and thick washer make solid contact against the kettle sides with the solid metal washer and nut bottomed out against the kettle with app 40 ft/lbs torque applied. This solid metal to metal contact made for solid wobble free and leak free valves that do not turn.
The weldless idea is great if a person does not want to have fitting welded to their kettles, it's just that an improvement on weldless would make them a solid trouble free fitting if the manufactures stopped making a product cheap as possible just to make a sale. The brewer is the one that has the problems after. Done ranting. Carl.........

Back