Weldless Bulkhead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naturallight16oz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I installed my bulkhead and valve today. It doesn't leak, but the entire valve will spin around with a little effort. I'm not sure if it needs to be tightened up more or if this is normal? I Don't want to over tighten.

Mine does that on my kettle. If it doesn't leak it seems fine to me. Brewed probably 30 batches of beer this way with no issues.

That does not sound safe or normal. Mine doesn't do that. Describe how you have it - maybe you have the washer in the wrong spot or something? Hell if I know.

Mine did the same. I just added a couple washers and that snugged it up. As long as it isn't leaking though, everything is A-OK.

I talked to Bobby @ brew hardware about this. You should have bulkhead on inside, then gasket then keggle wall, then washer (no outside gasket) it tightened up great for me.

I talked to Bobby @ brew hardware about this. You should have bulkhead on inside, then gasket then keggle wall, then washer (no outside gasket) it tightened up great for me.

that's how i have it, just kinda stopped tightening up. I didn't want to overtighten. I'll try again tomorrow and if that doesn't work , i have another washer to try.

Are your valves directly screwed into to the outside of the keg?

Not sure what you mean, I have a valve,washer,keg,oring,nut with groove facing oring,coupler.

I might know where i went wrong, i'll disassemble tomorrow and try again. I really didn't try today because it didn't leak. I wanted to make sure that everyone elses didn't spin around before i went to far.

Back