Welch's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevs15

Reaction score
Hey everyone! What is a good recipe for making with using Welch's juice? I have equipment for 6 gallons.

Thanks!

Hey everyone! What is a good recipe for making with using Welch's juice? I have equipment for 6 gallons.

Thanks!

I have a recipe posted (look under my recipe "pulldown" or in the recipe database https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f79/ ). It's for one gallon- just multiply by whatever your batch size is.

Great! I saw that but wasn't sure if it would work for 6 gallon. I multiply each ingredient by 6?

Do you make this all in one carboy? Or do you start in a primary bucket?

Do you make this all in one carboy? Or do you start in a primary bucket?

Either/or! I have lots of different vessels around, so I just use whatever is available and handy.

I've made 100% concord, 100% niagara, a weird mix of concord/pomegranate, apple/raspberry, etc. Plain 100% apple juice makes a nice apple wine. Just make sure to get juice (or frozen concentrates) with no sorbate or benzoate.

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions.... I'm sure I'll have more :)

I've seen some recipes that includes tannin.... What would that do to the wine? When should that be added?

I've seen some recipes that includes tannin.... What would that do to the wine? When should that be added?

I used powdered tannin. Tannin is that "bite" that is in many red wines. I like to use it, in VERY limited amounts, to wines lacking in tannin. A tiny bit- like 1/8 teaspoon- can make a great difference. I just added 1/4 teaspoon to a concord/pomegranate juice wine that was a bit too tart and without any body. You can add it later, but always add a TINY bit because a little goes a long, long, long way.

Just a forum tip, try to avoid "double posting." The aim is to try and put everything into one post until someone responds so that it is neater and easier to read!

Also, This The Winemaking Home Page

Edit: You can also edit like this!

Back