Welches grape wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennesey1

Reaction score
I started a 5 gal batch racked it once already and seems that fermentation has stopped. Should I let it sit another month and rack again ? Or just de- gas it in a month and bottle. I will not be using any sulfites and it is looking pretty clear already

I started a 5 gal batch racked it once already and seems that fermentation has stopped. Should I let it sit another month and rack again ? Or just de- gas it in a month and bottle. I will not be using any sulfites and it is looking pretty clear already

Rack after 60 days (total) if you have any lees in 60 days. When you don't have lees after at least 60 days, and the wine is clear, it can be bottled.

Yooper said:
Rack after 60 days (total) if you have any lees in 60 days. When you don't have lees after at least 60 days, and the wine is clear, it can be bottled.

Thanks yoop. I'm just getting impatient. I wanna drink it already. But I will wait

I have a batch of white going from a wine expert kit. It should be ready in about 10 days. I'm just waiting for it to clear. I already de gassed it.

Also I am waiting on some honey that a friend is donating and going to try some melomel. Any advise? I was thinking of using orange juice and maybe a little raspberry

I am about to start a raspberry melomel myself here soon. I am not so sure on the orange juice. Except for the JAOM recipe orange has been a finicky flavor that never seems to come out right unless it is overpowered with other flavors. The recipe I am thinking of putting together is like this:

10lb honey
3.3 lb raspberry purée (primary)
6.6 lb raspberry purée (secondary)
3 tbs black tea (loose leaf earl grey)
5 tsp pectic enzyme
5 tsp yeast nutrient (staggered additions over 4 days)
2.5 tsp yeast energizer (staggered additions over 4 days)
Yeast (lalvin RC212)

Back