So I brewed my first all-grain batch yesterday. It was a 2.5 gal BIAB oatmeal stout based on the recipe in BCS. OG was 1.052 and it was 2.5 gal batch so I calculated that just the wyeast 1968 (London ESB) pack would be sufficient to get the job done. I smacked it and it inflated like you would expect. But when I went to pitch it the liquid was not that creamy yeasty mix that I am used to. Instead it looked like wort and in that little inner pouch were what I think were chunks of yeast. So I tried to shake those out into the fermenter, but it definitely had me worried. Today it is fermenting, but the krausen seems a little thin and I am a little worried that there were significantly fewer live yeast cells than I thought. I guess make a starter no matter what next time.