WEIRD lookin head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

size

Reaction score
i've been having troubles with my brews lately, and I can't figure out why.

the most recent problem is the head of my beer. it pours a head, but as soon as it dies down i have these much larger, oil colored, THICK bubbles just chillin there

i mean these bubbles look like... a condom maybe? they're nearly opaque, and just look like collectors of trub. they also hang around for a LOT longer than a normal bubble would.

i can't provide pictures, but my first thought is definitely infection. they remind me of some of the bubbles i've seen in infected beers around here.

anyone have any insight on my condom bubble problem

whew.....When I saw the title I thought someone got a picture of my ugly self and posted it!! Could it be some sort of oil in the beer? I made the double chocolate oatmeal stout and used the wrong chocolate ( had a small amount of fat in it) I expect some of this type thing.

man I have no way to get a pic:[[[

it was jamil's black forest stout, and it wasn't very good. the recipe looked great but i think my puree (bought at LHBS, the most expensive **** they had) might have been outdated. and i used hershey's cocoa powder, and after all was said and done my brewing buddies told me that was probably a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back