Weird house / real estate listings.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's one near me. Cheap looking modular house on more concrete than the house was worth new. It was built as 2 units, one upstairs and one in the garden-level basement. It appears someone was living in it in 2014 last time Google drove by so it was likely a rental by that point based on the last sale date. Sometime, probably not long after something happened that destroyed the interior. Whoever owns it does a little more work every couple years and tries to sell it. It still needs far more than it would ever be worth. Since the last listing, someone has cleaned up the property, put in all new windows and put subfloor down where it was all open as of the last listing. They'd probably have been better off putting that money into demolition to sell it as a vacant buildable lot, though that would be a tough sell too.

OP
OP
Kent88

Kent88

Sometimes I have to remind myself
Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
unknown.png

betarhoalphadelta

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

Looks like a great house. Yeah, there are some, ummmm, questionable design choices in there, but most of it being a wallpaper strip / paint job and some new carpet to fix. Maybe I wouldn't love some of the tile, but again that's not a major overhaul.

6000 sf for $1.05M and a lake view? That's not bad.

Here's what $1.05M gets you in my neighborhood:

Kharnynb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

Pkrd

Reaction score
I know location is everything in real estate, but that's nuts, 1 million for a basic family home?

this is what you can get in my town for close to 1 million, note that location is a big deal in this one as it's right in the center of old town, lakefront and has views of the castle:

similar size, but brand new, still lakeside but somewhat more "suburb"
Yeah the lake and castle is nice and all but no mirrored toilet? Pass.

Hoppy2bmerry

My hop trellis brings the boys to the yard.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

Pkrd

Reaction score
sorry, most homes with mirrored toilets were owned by new-wealth russians in our area, they seem to be having some issues with being able to come here and sell them at the moment!:cool:
They are all downsizing to single level dwellings for some reason.

Kharnynb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

Miraculix

Reaction score
Is it normal in the US to sell a house with all the interior, all the furniture and so on?

In Germany, we buy and sell usually empty houses. Nobody would want to buy somebody else's stuff.

Erik the Anglophile

Reaction score
Inner city apartments in our capital are like 400k dollars for a 35sqm home, houses in close vicinity to it start at equivalent to 1m usd, can probably find some gems if I look around.
We bought our house up north with the profit margin we earned in the buying vs selling price + part of the loan being payed off on our town-house in a Stockholm suburb. Debt free home owner at 32 feels goodman.

Erik the Anglophile

Reaction score
This looks like a nice house, I just wonder why there are no interior pics, and is posted by our equivalent to IRS?
🤔