Weird additive to bitter beer is a hit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gheist

Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound weird. I brewed my second brew, a dark lager. It was very bitter and had a really nasty salty after taste. I had a party hoping to get rid of it hahaha and my daughter decides to add NOS an energy drink to it in the bottle. Not too much just about a 1/4 c or so and wooo whooooo it was a hit. Go figure. After reading the posts constantly I have figured out that is the best thing to do. I should have skipped the instructions as far as pulling off of the primary and bottling. I believe this one should of stayed in the primary longer. Live and learn.
I was mainly wondering if anyone else had had this same thing. Salty after taste or had added an energy drink. Which I still have to laugh about.

Welcome to the forums!

I haven't done it, but I do know it is popular with the big companies or at least think it may still be. I do know that a Style called Gose is salted.

Gose or Joose? I keep hearing about 'Joose' on the greenboard...

I know SParks is a malt beverage, juice, and energy drink.

Back