weihenstephaner semi-clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twobeerds

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here, but I've been reading for a good long while. My brew buddy and me just brewed a new batch today, I call it a semi-clone because there are so many process that are different that it'll never be the comparable. But we brewed it with a love and a direction toward the brewery. Anyways, decided to post the brew notes because a new batch makes me excited and I wanna share :) so what we did tonight - (side-note: used the immersion wort chiller I built for a 1\4 of the cost of the local brew store's price for the first time tonight. I was very impressed by the efficiency of it, especially coming from a restaurant background)

6 pounds Munton's wheat malt extract
Half pound Vienna
Half pound German pale wheat
1 oz hellertau
1 oz tettnager
Wyeast 3068
1 tsp Irish moss

155 degree steep for the freshly crushed grains for 20 min. Vigorous boil with the extract and tettnager for 60 min. Moss at 15 min out, hellertau 5 min out. Chilled to 66 degrees. Pitched yeast. I'm aware the Irish moss seems strange on a hefe brew, but my friend was curious so we did it. It's currently sitting in a 64 degree room 3 hours out from the brew. Hope it goes well!

Back