Weekend boring!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluefoxicy

Reaction score
It's the start of a 3 day weekend. I work until midnight friday, then have 3 days off!

All my brewing equipment has appeared at my door, except for the 3 carboys and starter Erlenmeyer flasks, which will not ship any time soon so I cancelled. I do has a bucket, 7.9 gallon, lid accepts a fermentation lock. My oxiclean has blue crystals in it, maybe I should buy new oxiclean, this stuff cleans the bathtub though. I can get ingredients and carboys from MD homebrew tomorrow.

Anyone have interesting plans for the weekend?

If I can get an immersion chiller built in the next day or two, I'll be brewing an all-grain wheat/rye Sunday or Monday.

Bottling, weatherstripping, attic cleaning, line and freezer cleaning.

Man. I really hope you find an appreciation for beer soon. As this will turn out to be the most expensive experiment you have ever lain eyes on.

Man. I really hope you find an appreciation for beer soon. As this will turn out to be the most expensive experiment you have ever lain eyes on.

I've reached a couple hundred bucks. I've done $4000 experiments and next year one mistake I made a couple months ago will finally germinate into probably a $5000-ish price tag.

SWMBO & myself are taking an emergency trip to Asheville NC to re-stock on brewing supplies. Was trying to wait a little longer, but it looks like I'll be somewhere along the gulf coast early next week.

Between fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, terrorist attacks & perscribed burning.. I'm ready for a month off!

cheers. have a good weekend. I plan to hit the LHBS, asheville pizza company, the Bier Garden, Jack of the wood, thirsty monk (my fav), barleys tap room (her fav) & posibally pisgah brewing.
zac

Hmm. Maybe I could find a karaoke place in the inner harbor.

(In case you couldn't guess, I don't know how to find/judge a good bar... or anything else having to do with a social life)

bunch o crap (w/ some beers) and then a little get together at a friends. All the while I will be worrying about the 1st day of school. I have been teaching 13 yrs, and throw up at least 5 times bewteen labor day and the 1st day...go figure :confused:

Here is the Mint Chocolate Stout Recipe as per Randy Mosher from Rad Brews.

5 gal AG
8 lb. pale malt
2 lb biscuit/amber
.5 lb roast barley
.5 lb black patent

.5 oz Northern Brewer at 60
1 oz northern brewer at 20
1 oz fresh spearmint at end of boil
.12 oz dried peppermint mint (or one Life Saver mint candy) and end of boil
single infusion at 152 for one hour, sparage
london ale yeast
OG is 1.065
5.3-6.2 ABV

I think I'll add about 6 oz of cocoa powder to give it more of a chocolate flavor.

should be a fun xmas beer!:mug:

Back