Wee Heavy - Wow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_R

Still Love Fried Chicken
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While I know it's way too early (and you can tell it in the taste), I tried one of my Wee Heavy beers; wow. I'm not to the drunken ramblings point yet, but if I were to drink two of these . . . .

Next time I brew a heavy, I'm looking for six ounce bottles. Pretty tasty, though sweet. I figure it'll be much more balanced given six months or so. 8.39 ABV per Brew Smith and I believe it.

Rick

Can you share your OG and FG for it? Your scaring me about the Wee Heavy I just made. OG was 1.109, we shall see how far the FG gets. I'm planning on aging for at least 12 months if not a few years. Of course I'll have to try a wee bit out in a few months.

Man my wee heavy had a SG of 1.083, FG 1.019 and it was SWEET as hell. I aged it for 3 months and it wasnt damn close to being aged enough. I love the style but my first attempt was not a success thats for sure.

Can you share your OG and FG for it?
OG 1.086, FG 1.022. I posted awhile back that I didn't do well on adjusting for the additional sweetness with an FG that high; it was expected as 1.023 was the estimated FG in Brew Smith. I didn't pay attention to the "bitterness ratio" -- I think I'm going to like it okay, but I think it would be better had I used a higher IBU target.

I brewed March 1st and was aiming for Dec/Jan/Feb drinking; think this will work out?

Rick

Back