Wedding Home Brew Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keatz85

Reaction score
I am wanting to make the beer for the reception for obvious reasons but every venue in town says their liquor license would be revoked if they offered outside beer. For those that brewed for their wedding or friends' wedding how did you go about doing it?

I plan to brew for my buddys bachelor party. This might be an alternative for you than brewing for the wedding.

Depends on the state. I'm pretty sure that's not the states law, but might be a polite way of saying we don't want homebrew here... if it sucks, visitors might attribute it to the venue, and also because liquor is how lots of locations make a living.

Depends on the state. I'm pretty sure that's not the states law,

state liquor control boards can have some pretty detailed laws about where a retail establishment gets alcohol that's served even if its not sold by the drink but as part of a contract.

"some guys keg" usually isn't included.

Hopzilla said:
I plan to brew for my buddys bachelor party. This might be an alternative for you than brewing for the wedding.

You're in IL, you do not have a brewers license so it's not gonna happen.

Good news, found a banquet hall that said since it was a private party not open to the public that they pretty much let the bride/groom do what they want

For our reception (GA) we found a place that didn't have a liquor license...we bought our own stuff, had a buddy serve it. Don't know if that's possible in the people's republic of IL.

Congrats! Looking to brew all the beer for my wedding next year. Tweaking recipes now!

Stupid rules...

Im brewing mine for the limo when we are taking pictures...

ForumRunner_20130323_232741.jpg

They will! They are weather proof labels from online labels.com. a bit pricey but since they are also keepsakes I didn't want the labels to peel away or degrade

Back