Wedding beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltwhiskers

Reaction score
So my sister is getting married later this year and I want to make a small batch of wedding beer to gift to her and my new brother in law. Their favorite beers are Guinness and Yuengling so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a homebrew recipe keeping these flavors in mind. Looking for more than just a clone. Any ideas?

I know these are two different styles of beer but I was wondering if there's something out there that would be appealing knowing that these are their two favorites.

Thanks!

If they like Guinness, I've had good luck with similar fans enjoying chocolate stouts. It seems like that would be a good choice for a wedding...people love chocolate. I don't know your brewing capability, but I just want to point out that Yuengling is a lager (assuming they mean the lager). If they're into that flavor it's a bit harder to achieve without doing a true lager. You might be able to get away with it by doing a steam beer (lager at ale temps) or a light colored ale, if you are unable to make a true lager.

Maybe consider making a blonde or cream ale? I brewed a beer for a family wedding last summer, and while I initially was thinking about making a beer tuned to the wedding couple, I thought a little harder about that and instead brewed a bear that would appeal to almost any beer drinker at the reception. It was a small reception of about 50 people, but the 5 gallon batch was gone in well under an hour with people asking for more. I had so many people ask me what brand of beer it was and where they could get more. It appealed to anyone who liked beer.

For the couple themselves, I made a batch of wine, made custom labels for their wedding date, and put a bottle on each table and gave the rest to the couple. Wine was more of their thing over beer, but why not make a stout to bottle with custom labels, a beer name tuned to the couple, throw on a wedding date, and offer as a nice keepsake? Then brew a lighter beer to appeal to the masses?

Cool. Thanks folks! I'll be traveling a bit to the wedding so I don't think I'll be able to make a full five gallon batch for everyone. That's sweet that everyone enjoyed your batch that much tho. I may go for the chocolate stout. Thanks for the suggestion Teromous.

Back