Websites that sell hops.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcom579

Reaction score
i wanted to create this thread to see if some people could post the website/s where they order their hops (not just the large websites, but the smaller harder to find companies as well) . i know there is a shortage which seems to have lasted for a million years but still there has to be places out there that have certain strains available which others do not. Sorry if this has been posted before but every other thread dealing with this topic has 37 pages or so to search through. i want to see if we could make this a quick an easy resource.

The thing about the hop shortage is that the places that have anything worth having are selling the hops for 6 bucks an oz. The people who find deals often keep this information to themselves, as once the info gets posted on this site, there is inevitably a rush to go out and clear a place out of whatever hops are cheap or rare, contributing to the hop shortage problem.

Sorry to say, I have my connection for cheap hops, a place that sells their hops pretty close to cost, and has a modest contract with a hop distributor. They don't have the best selection, and they limit you to 4 oz of any variety. This isn't the most stellar find, but I know they don't have many hops on hand, I had a discussion about it when the guy called me to tell me they were out of one of the hop varieties I wanted. So an internet rush would probably clear these guys out. Just remember, for every person who posts there are probably another 100 lurkers who will take the links and buy hops, and never say a word.

I also have 9lbs of hops in my freezer because I knew the shortage was coming, most other brewers also stocked up before septemeber. I feel sorry for the guys paying 6 bucks an oz for hops, but such is the reality in which we exist.

I dont mind sharing.
The link in my sig has really cheap hops. They are older so the AAs need to be adjusted. I use them more for bittering. Id like more people to shop their so they sell off their older stuff and get fresher stuff.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
I dont mind sharing.
The link in my sig has really cheap hops. They are older so the AAs need to be adjusted. I use them more for bittering. Id like more people to shop their so they sell off their older stuff and get fresher stuff.

They definitely do have some great prices at that shop, but man talk about a bad first impression. At the very top of the list is a one pound bag of un-named, brown-yellow hops for 10 bucks:

atl001.jpg

However, I scrolled down and yes there are some good deals.

Donasay said:
The people who find deals often keep this information to themselves, as once the info gets posted on this site, there is inevitably a rush to go out and clear a place out of whatever hops are cheap or rare, contributing to the hop shortage problem.

Thanks for the post and you are absolutely right. im just going to have to do some heavy looking around.

Wow, 4 ounces of Saaz for less than 4 bucks?!? Heck of a deal. I might just order some at the wrath of SWMBO (Why in the H#$L is there 6 pounds of hops in the freezer?...but honey, there's a hop shortage.)

cubbies said:
They definitely do have some great prices at that shop, but man talk about a bad first impression. At the very top of the list is a one pound bag of un-named, brown-yellow hops for 10 bucks:
However, I scrolled down and yes there are some good deals.

I got one of those from them a while back, they credited my $9.99 back. The whole box reeked, the rest were fine, just the mystery hops were a little past their prime :drunk:

Back