Ways to say "I love you"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halbrust

Reaction score
My wife and I will text, and/or say:
"INY" pronounced the same as any or innie (like a belly button). It stands for I Need You.
"Less than three" It is the verbal reading/extrapolating of <3 which is used to represent a heart and sign of love

Do you and yours do anythig as silly or sappy?

Sometimes my girlfriend brings me a beer without me asking for it.
Sometimes she grabs my hand & says "bedtime!" while pulling me up out of my chair way before actual bedtime. ;)

Sometimes I'll show up unannounced at her work with her fav bistro coffee & pastry. Sometimes I bring her flowers just because she likes them. I always fry her bacon the way she likes it.
We don't text, we have phones so we actually talk to each other.
Not dissing tour txt, just saying.
Regards, GF.

The wife watches our two nephews about 3 times a week. We have two of our own so she's got a house full of kids all under the age of 5. When I get home from work, I make sure she knows how much I appreciate that by doing a little cleaning, getting the dishes going, maybe folding up some laundry and telling her she does a great job. There's no way I could do what she does.

I still bring my wife flowers often. We don't see each other in the morning much so we usually text good morning and so on.

Lots of cuteness here.
We do things for each other that show our love too.

What I was wondering about was the verbalizing aspect.
Like "ditto" from the movie Ghost

What I was wondering about was the verbalizing aspect.
Like "ditto" from the movie Ghost

Occasionally, she'll bellow out "Oh GOD, Oh, GOD" to say "Yes, you are doing that right."

But mostly, it's "Oh GOD, Oh GOD" to say "Are you fecking serious, get the bless away from me".

Coming home after a long day at work (read: bar) The wife lets me now she cares with a lovely "WTF took you so long" to which I reply "F... off you stupid....." She quickly retorts with "I wish you were dead" and right then I know she really loves me so I only swing for the midsection because I don't want to ruin the make up sex that night...... Just a joke so please don't flame me on this one. Hitting women is almost always inappropriate. :p

Coming home after a long day at work (read: bar) The wife lets me now she cares with a lovely "WTF took you so long" to which I reply "F... off you stupid....." She quickly retorts with "I wish you were dead" and right then I know she really loves me so I only swing for the midsection because I don't want to ruin the make up sex that night...... Just a joke so please don't flame me on this one. Hitting women is almost always inappropriate. :p

almost.

Well I mean there was this one time she was helping me rack to secondary and she starter stirring the primary and it seemed right..... Again KIDDING!!! There was a comedian I heard a while back talking about "what if she had a gun, or was a terrorist or she brought home the Twilight series." I would definitely say there are valid reasons.

my lady and I LIVE for the silly. Recently she is hell bent on sneak-attack-dutch-ovening me. And she's terrible at being sneaky. But man, she ripped one the other day that even made me blush. As for the overly sappy...well, at the moment I'm trying to finish carving a piece of wax, which just so happens to be in the shape of a ring. In a couple of weeks time it will have been surrounded with plaster, burned off, and replaced with white gold. Couple of stones thrown on top and shoved on her finger with some kind of over-the-top sappy act involving me, a guitar, and a room full of our friends/family

my lady and I LIVE for the silly. Recently she is hell bent on sneak-attack-dutch-ovening me. And she's terrible at being sneaky. But man, she ripped one the other day that even made me blush. As for the overly sappy...well, at the moment I'm trying to finish carving a piece of wax, which just so happens to be in the shape of a ring. In a couple of weeks time it will have been surrounded with plaster, burned off, and replaced with white gold. Couple of stones thrown on top and shoved on her finger with some kind of over-the-top sappy act involving me, a guitar, and a room full of our friends/family

Show this to her. It could save your impending nuptials.

Cup o Cheese!

Last edited by a moderator:

Man I used to love making jewelry. My favorite class in high school and I won a bunch of art shows. If I could come up with an oven and a centrifuge I would still be doing it as a hobby. Where do you go for your oven, supplies, etc?

The wife watches our two nephews about 3 times a week. We have two of our own so she's got a house full of kids all under the age of 5. When I get home from work, I make sure she knows how much I appreciate that by doing a little cleaning, getting the dishes going, maybe folding up some laundry and telling her she does a great job. There's no way I could do what she does.

Nothing gets the wife going better than some nice "chore-play" :D

I send the woman I love a picture of the sunrise on my way to work every morning. I regularly treat her to excellent adventures. I recently took her to her femdoc appointment. We work out together and I encourage her in every way I know how. She's fecking perfect in a "beautiful flaws" sort of way and I couldn't ask for anyone better to be in my life.

Since we read all about some of the couples that had arguments before 9-11 and never had a chance to realize how petty. We say I love you when ever we part company. She truly is the best thing in my life. ( I still mess with her;))

beaksnbeer said:
Since we read all about some of the couples that had arguments before 9-11 and never had a chance to realize how petty. We say I love you when ever we part company. She truly is the best thing in my life. ( I still mess with her;))

Yeah man. I always give her a smooch in the morning before I go to work while she's still asleep. Sometimes just on the head if she doesn't wake up. Even those times I'm ticked off at her for something stupid from the night before, I always take that moment to remember how damn lucky I am.

My wife framed a picture of us that was taken in Big Sur that sits next to our bed. She scrapbooks so she did this real sweet title behind the glass "I love you because" and often when the other does something real nice for the other (we do it often) we will write on the glass with a dry erase marker why we love the other. Its nice to come home from working an 18 hour day to see a new "love letter" on the glass. It makes it all worth while.
We have been together for 17 years! We still go on dates and are still deeply in love so the little sappy things will help a marriage stand the test of time for sure!

Cheers
Jay

We do that to- but we're not really "sappy" all that much.

There are things he does all the time that are very loving but not really sappy. As an example, I don't eat enough much of the time. He always puts a nice brunch/meal out for me at about 10:30 AM and reminds me it's there. He sort of bugs me about it, but I really do appreciate it because he's concerned about me being healthy.

He doesn't even drink coffee- but he makes a pot every morning when he wakes up so that I have coffee when I get up after him.

Things like that show his love for me, even though most people might think, "Meh, who cares?"

I adore Bob, and we have these little private jokes all the time between us with certain expressions (like "No, it not!" which is something my grandson says all the time). We probably are a couple of real dorks, but we don't care. :D

That's awesome! :)
Regards, GF.

Well, GF, if you ever saw me without my coffee you'd understand. It's ugly. :D

Seriously, it IS awesome. He doesn't bring flowers and he doesn't send cards or give gifts for no reason. But he daily shows his love and commitment and I really do appreciate it so much.

Yooper said:
Well, GF, if you ever saw me without my coffee you'd understand. It's ugly. :D

Seriously, it IS awesome. He doesn't bring flowers and he doesn't send cards or give gifts for no reason. But he daily shows his love and commitment and I really do appreciate it so much.

I'm currently laying in bed, day off, just woke up, lady is at work... And I can smell the coffee. We both thrive of coffee. when one of us makes it we always make enough for the other. You're right yoop, it is awesome... While at the same time... Totally necessary to keep us from killing each other

Back