Way over carbonated keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jett78

Reaction score
Quick background to explain how I got here, or skip ahead: I brewed a 7.5 gallon IPA which I split into a 5g and a 2.5g. With 3 5g kegs in my kegerator...

I set the 2.5g keg aside and forgot about it with 20+ pounds of pressure for a couple weeks.

Pure foam coming out... my question, is if this is correctable? If so, best way...

thanks

:cross:

I think you have to purge gas from relief valve as often as you can for several days.

CO2 will come out of solution if head space above beer is not under pressure.

I would moved my keg into the kitchen or living room or wherever I can have frequent access. I'm guess that you are looking at 50 purges over the course of 5 days.

I think you have to purge gas from relief valve as often as you can for several days.

CO2 will come out of solution if head space above beer is not under pressure.

I would moved my keg into the kitchen or living room or wherever I can have frequent access. I'm guess that you are looking at 50 purges over the course of 5 days.

Cool, I'll give that a shot.

Should I keep it at room temperature? It had been sitting in a chest freezer in the low 60's for the last couple weeks.

Back